Thread: Missing sound files...

Default Missing sound files...

Hi, firstly just want to say this looks like one of the best mods for me2 there is and from what I've played it seems really solid!

The problem is I seem to be missing many sound files. I read in one of the stickies that a clean install of ME2, Kingdoms and the mod seems to work but that will take hours. Has a quicker fix been found for this yet?

cheers!

Default Re: Missing sound files...

*bump*

I figured out the problem is when I install the 4.3 patch. I tested 3.0 and 4.2 and they both work well. Can anyone help? I'm running steam and windows 7.

From this thread:

You will first need Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 3.0 installed. The installer for v3.0 reads the system registry for the path to Kingdoms.exe. It automatically installs the mod using this path. If M2TW Kingdoms was installed using the default path provided by SEGA then the install location will be C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod

Then download and install KGCM patch 4.2 before you install KGCM patch 4.3. They must be installed in the correct order for the new changes to work! Install patch 4.2 to the folder containing your Kingdoms.exe file. The default path is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War. If this is not you path, then type in the correct path when prompted for the install folder.

Next patch 4.3 must go to ...mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod folder. The default path is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod. If this is not the correct path then enter the full path to match your installation.
    Just double checking that you got everything in the right install directory.

Ok, I don't think I was installing there. I tried but it didn't work but I think I might have gotten something wrong with the 4.3 download/install process.

The only link I can find for 4.3 is in 8 parts but 7 of these parts are identical exe files. Why? and does it matter where they all go?

I reckon your best course at this point is to start over with a fresh install of M2TW, and then be sure everything goes exactly where it should. You may need to delete any file/folder remnants after uninstalling, and check that your registry has the correct entries upon reinstalling. Once you are certain that you have a clean install of M2TW, apply the following:

KGCM 3.0 download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6...ampaign_M0.exe

KGCM 4.2 download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qm...paign_v4.2.exe

KGCM 4.3 download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sc..._Patch_4.3.exe

If you use Steam and have trouble with the KGCM 3.0 installer, see this thread.

You also may want a custom launcher to stop unending launcher music (with Steam + vanilla launcher). I use this one.

After those things, go to this thread for the menu crash fix and the texture fix for Mongol halberd units.
    Last edited by builder680; May 31, 2014 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks for your help but I managed to figure out the problem! (it was my fault)

When I installed 4.3 (the one in 8 parts) I only ran one part of it because I thought all the files were identical. A friend pointed out to me that the 8 parts were actually fragments of the same file and would merge when I extracted them to the same place.

I tried after a fresh install and... it worked! It seems strange that the installer would tell me that everything is fine when really I only installed 1/8th of the patch...

Awesome, glad you got it working. I don't remember 4.3 being eight parts but if it works, it works. Have fun