Thread: Research crash?

Default Research crash?

Hi, I have HOI 3 with all dlcs, I'm playing TFH, as its map is the most accurate, without any mods. I'm playing as Iraq, I edited the saves to free myself of puppet status, and added all existent arab countries as my puppets, and added myself and the puppets to the Axis. That's about all the editing I did. I'm trying to start a cheat play through to fully explore the unit and building mechanics, so I'm using instantresearch, here's my problem: I finished the infantry tab, and now I'm working on armor, every time I reach a certain number of researched technologies, about 50 levels of research in the armor tab, the game crashes inevitably, always the day after I finish getting to level 10 in some research and exactly on 16:00. Frankly, it's frustrating, I'm not sure if the crash would still be there if the cheat isn't used, because frankly, I don't have the patience to try it, the game takes 10 minutes to load after every time it crashes so I have no patience to test this and why it happens. Any idea what's causing this?

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, I tried it with a new game with no editing, the same crash occurred with Iraq, but not with Germany.
    Last edited by Trueman.; May 29, 2014 at 02:04 AM.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Research crash?

Don't use instant research. It's not a cheat, but rather a debugging tool to help the developers and modders check the research AI without having to run the game for several hours. It also affects the AI countries too. The game was never intended to be run with inr on all the time.

The instant production command is the same; it's not meant to be a workable cheat, but rather a debugging tool.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013