Thread: Version 3.42 Hotfix

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Version 3.42 Hotfix

I finally managed to track down and fix the bug that would sometimes cause Legionaries to no longer be able to be recruited, even if you had the required tech and buildings.

This bug was also responsible for Garrison Sizes sometimes becoming much smaller as a result of Legionaries and Vigiles no longer being included in the Garrison list.

This was a really tricky bug to hunt down because it would only show up after closing the game and then attempting to load a save that was made after researching the tech you needed to upgrade to Legionaries. A huge thank you to everyone who reported this bug, I almost gave up looking for it after trying to recreate it for the past week.

STIM 3.41 is a hotfix that everyone should download immediately to correct the bug, as it will effect the AI as well and therefore Rome's performance on the campaign map.
    Unfortunately the hotfix will not correct the problem if you're attempting to load a save that has been made after the tech has already been researched, so you will need to either roll back to a save that was made before researching the tech, or start a new campaign.

Sincerest apologies!

-Silven

----EDIT----

Second hotfix posted, STIM 3.42. Read below.
    Last edited by Silven; May 28, 2014 at 01:28 PM.

Default Re: Version 3.41 Hotfix

Great news. Thank you very much. Just wanted to start a new campaign with 3.4.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Second hotfix posted to correct the inability to play as any of the new Balkan Culture factions.

STIM 3.42 is now available.

Default Re: Version 3.42 Hotfix

Going to start up a new campaign. Also I've been thinking of applying the axeman animation fragments AggonyDuck made to STIM/STEP as a submod, but wanted to see if you're ok with that (I noticed a bunch of matched_combat_probability entries in your kv_rules and found a way to make his axe fragments fit in with any changes made globally to matched combat, so it shouldn't affect your kill rates).

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    Second hotfix posted to correct the inability to play as any of the new Balkan Culture factions.

STIM 3.42 is now available.
    Your good, I was coming here to let you know the new factions wern't working and you've gone and fix it Can't wait to get home from work now!!

Working nice.

Thanks a lot.

works fine so far.
    But what is relly annoying imho is, that the barbarian factions (in the current campaign the Germans) have so much siege weapons in their armies. I'd like to see siege weapons more or less only for the civilized factions
    Are there any plans to change this?

Yep, siege weapons are quite a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullius Germanicus View Post
    works fine so far.
    But what is relly annoying imho is, that the barbarian factions (in the current campaign the Germans) have so much siege weapons in their armies. I'd like to see siege weapons more or less only for the civilized factions
    He recently reduced their accuracy in a patch, but there is still an issue, specifically with the Barbarian AI's tendency to build so many. I am gonna do some editing I think for myself until he figures it out.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tullius Germanicus View Post
    works fine so far.
    I'm using a mod that removes onagers and ballistas for barbarian factions. It's called Mackles Mod: No Barbarian Artillery on Steam, if you're interested.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    I'm using a mod that removes onagers and ballistas for barbarian factions. It's called Mackles Mod: No Barbarian Artillery on Steam, if you're interested.
    Thanks. I might use as a stop-gap, I don't mind them having artillery simply the amount they have and their efficacy is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    thanks a lot, I will give it a try.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Ya I'll look into reducing the frequency at which Barbarians recruit artillery. My general opinion on the matter is that none of their armies should have more than 2 units of artillery per 20 unit stack, and I've personally seen vanilla recruit up to 5 per 20 unit stack before. So ya, I'll lower how many artillery they use.

Mackles Mod works very well. No siege weapons for barbarian factions. Got some nice battles against Averni as they prefer strong close combat units now

Also the garrisons after the first military reform are ok now. Good job. The major factions are well developed. Carthage destroyed Syrakus and not the other way. Averni created a large empire with large parts of Gaul and Spain. Egypt conquered nearly the whole North Africa. Ok, I got the city Carthage so they have to stop for a while until I have the time to face them in battle. Didn't look at the eastern empires yet. I will try to expand to the east after Spain is mine and the rest of Carthage is history.

Alltogehter the mod plays very nice now. Congrats

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Started a roman campaign recently, and boy did I have a difficult time expanding past Italia. I think it took me around 30-40 turns until I finally managed to take Carthage in the south, Massilia in the west and that Daorsi thingy in the east. Some nice developed empires have formed, though. Epirus is almost controlling all of Greece, Arverni is expanding towards Hispania and the Iberians are fighting each other. Looking good so far!
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

I've been playing a STIM Tylis campaign off and on. One thing: the new f/dlc factions could use some of your attention to their rosters/recruitment to bring them more in line with the kind of progression other factions have. There are several military building levels for Tylis that don't open up any recruitment options (I don't mind this, because those buildings have other benefits, but it's incongruous). Other than that, I noticed back when I was playing Carthage that elephants seem.... incredibly op, to be honest. I abused the hell out of them without an ounce of shame, but goodness, I could plow through several units of hoplites and send them all running.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Cavalier
    Really happy to hear the overall campaign is flowing well and providing a hearty challenge!

@JObadiah
    Ya I've gotten a few reports of OP elephants now. I'll look into nerfing them for the next patch.