Thread: (Fixed: Visible Screenhots) Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai and Tibet and also the units of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate from the mod Rus II

Default (Fixed: Visible Screenhots) Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai and Tibet and also the units of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate from the mod Rus II

Hi guys! I put here some pics of several units of the factions of Kara Khitai (Liao Empire) and Tibet (Tubo) from the fantastic chinese mod Road to Lupyang 0.8 and the gorgeous units of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate from the russian mod Rus II. All these units have a very high quality and I think that combinated with the Tibetan units of Yelü Dashi and his eastern chinese siege weapons the next version of Broken Crescent would achieve another level of perfection .

Kara Khitai

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tibet

And here the units of the mod Rus II:

Volga Bulgaria

Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 29, 2014 at 08:44 AM.

Default Re: Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai (and maybe Tibet plesase)

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Hi guys! I put here some pics of several units of the factions of Kara Khitai (Liao Empire) and Tibet (Tubo) from the fantastic Chinese mod Road to Lupyang 0.8. These units have a very high quality and I think that combined with the Tibetan units of Yelü Dashi and his eastern Chinese siege weapons the next version of Broken Crescent would achieve another level of perfection .

Kara Khitai

Tibet

Fixed links. Nice units.
    Last edited by Encablossa; May 28, 2014 at 06:09 PM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai (and maybe Tibet plesase)

Where are those screenshots? I see nothing.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Where are those screenshots? I see nothing.
    Seriously? I can see it perfectly
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 28, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

Likewise all I get are black crosses

Default Re: (Fixed: Seeing Screenhots) Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai (and maybe Tibet plesase) and besides the units of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate of the mod Rus II

Well guys I fixed the problem and besides I added new pictures of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate units from the russian mod Rus II.

Default Re: (Fixed: Visible Screenhots) Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai and Tibet and also the units of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate from the mod Rus II

Still can't see them in your comment. Can see them on mine though.

Maybe it's something to do with the hosting website?

Do both of these mods allow use of their models or do they need to be asked first?

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: (Fixed: Visible Screenhots) Propossal: To Include the Units of Road to Luoyang 0.8 for the factions of Kara Khitai and Tibet and also the units of the Volga Bulgaria Emirate from the mod Rus II

Wow, these are amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    Still can't see them in your comment. Can see them on mine though.

Maybe it's something to do with the hosting website?

Do both of these mods allow use of their models or do they need to be asked first?
    It's strange that you still can't to see it. The problem was that the format of the pintures were dbm which was not compatible with TWC System. So I simply changed the format by jpg.

On other hand, it's necessary to ask first to the membres of the mod if they could let to use their models in Broken Crescent.

Right-click the icon to open the image in a new tab, it will be visible.

----
    About the Shaoding tibetan units, I think they don't fit with the rest of the units in the mod, their face being too detailed and their equipment textures really poor. Anyway, a tibetan faction is unnecessary in BC.
    Last edited by Yayattasa; May 30, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Right-click the icon to open the image in a new tab, it will be visible.

----
    About the Shaoding tibetan units, I think they don't fit with the rest of the units in the mod, their face being too detailed and their equipment textures really poor. Anyway, a tibetan faction is unnecessary in BC.

Maybe the tibetan units of the Shaoding need more details in their equipment textures but I assure you that in change the tibetan units of Yelü Dashi are authebtic masterpices:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...betan-Kingdoms

Besides, althouhg it can to seem strange the tibetans and the muslims had much contact along the centuries, specially during the first times of the Abbasid Caliphate when this and the Tibetan Empire mantained a hard rivalry for the control of Central Asia and their city-states (Khotan, Samarcanda, etc.) And after the fall of the Tibetan empire and the weakening of the abbasids the first had still many little frontier wars with their muslim neighbours of Fergana and another parts of Central Asia in the middle of the struggle between the muslims and buddishts in these zones.
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 30, 2014 at 09:41 AM.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Have Yelü Dashi released his units? And what's with AUH? Isn't it discontinued?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Maybe the tibetan units of the Shaoding need more details in their equipment textures but I assure you that in change the tibetan units of Yelü Dashi are authebtic masterpices:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...betan-Kingdoms

Besides, althouhg it can to seem strange the tibetans and the muslims had much contact along the centuries, specially during the first times of the Abbasid Caliphate when this and the Tibetan Empire mantained a hard rivalry for the control of Central Asia and their city-states (Khotan, Samarcanda, etc.) And after the fall of the Tibetan empire and the weakening of the abbasids the first had still many little frontier wars with their muslim neighbours of Fergana and another parts of Central Asia in the middle of the struggle between the muslims and buddishts in these zones.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, Yelu's AUH units are really beautiful, and I wish Shaoding was using those instead of the Warband ports.
    Off-topic: About the interaction, at the battle of Talas the Tang dynasnty (with Karluk mercenaries, which would later switch sides) fought against a brief alliance between the Abbasid Caliphate and the Tibetan Empire, in 751, for example. Having the tibetans (Yelu's tibetans, please) would be nice, but they are unnecessary, as in the team shouldn't focus on them. The Liao Dynasty (Khitans), on the other hand is a necessary faction because it's a buffer between the mongols and the Khwarezm.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Have Yelü Dashi released his units? And what's with AUH? Isn't it discontinued?
    AUH is pretty much paused, but they are cooperating with Shaoding so maybe they can end it in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, Yelu's AUH units are really beautiful, and I wish Shaoding was using those instead of the Warband ports.
    Off-topic: About the interaction, at the battle of Talas the Tang dynasnty (with Karluk mercenaries, which would later switch sides) fought against a brief alliance between the Abbasid Caliphate and the Tibetan Empire, in 751, for example. Having the tibetans (Yelu's tibetans, please) would be nice, but they are unnecessary, as in the team shouldn't focus on them. The Liao Dynasty (Khitans), on the other hand is a necessary faction because it's a buffer between the mongols and the Khwarezm.

AUH is pretty much paused, but they are cooperating with Shaoding so maybe they can end it in the near future.

I am not completely sure of that the tibetans are unnecesary, if they are included in the next version of the mod the player could have the option of to play with at least two buddisht factions (and also shamanist in the case of the Liao.) An authentic challenge for the player who will must defend himself from the attacks of his neighbours muslim and hindu factions and after of the devastating invasion of the migthy mongols.

On other hand, although accepting that the tibetans are not absolutley necessary as the tibetan faction of Yelü Dashi is finished I think that would not supposse much work to include it in the new version of the map. Or they could include at least some tibetan units as mercenaries or AOR units in the boundaries of the Himalayas, as for example the tibetan knights: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2186/heavy3.png
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; May 30, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

Wudang's worry probably was that Yelu Dashi has not released his Tibetan units. Hopefully he can make his units available. Including some of his models in other mods would mean not all his efforts have been wasted.

Those units are very pretty... and those unit cards are swag as . Very nice

Master Shu Win's Avatar Foederatus

The Volga units look very sexy and shiney!

I can't see the images unless I right-click and open them in a new tab.

But GAWD, was it worth it. PLEASE add these units and factions to BC if at all possible, they're fantastic!
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.