Thread: Unfreindly Custom battle

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Default Unfreindly Custom battle

Like the title said. The current version of the mod is rather unfriendly for custom battle players. Say In the custom battle every factions (except Nanman tribes) possess so many similar units like 12 swordsmen, 7-8 archers from every other factions and virtually no unique units at all (and these units though different in name are essentially the same) . I recall in the first release each factions have different and unique units for their factions in custom.

I know that most ppl value the campaign more but playing custom battle is fun especially with someone who have few times and for test units. So can the mod team make a better units roster for custom battle?

Anyway the mod look great

Cybermat47's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Unfreindly Custom battle

I don't have this mod, but I agree with you. Custom battles are one of the coolest things in Total War games.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    Like the title said. The current version of the mod is rather unfriendly for custom battle players. Say In the custom battle every factions (except Nanman tribes) possess so many similar units like 12 swordsmen, 7-8 archers from every other factions and virtually no unique units at all (and these units though different in name are essentially the same) . I recall in the first release each factions have different and unique units for their factions in custom.

I know that most ppl value the campaign more but playing custom battle is fun especially with someone who have few times and for test units. So can the mod team make a better units roster for custom battle?

Anyway the mod look great
    This has been brought up before, even recently. If the era you select is "All" you will have all units available for selection; if you select the "Early" or "High" eras, factions will have the correct units.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

yeah i asked the same question, i was shocked to but seether is right

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

And the only reason is, outside of about almost 2 dozen unique units, all Chinese factions have shared regional recruitment, meaning factions have to own a lot of similar units. Plus remember that those regional units have slightly varying stats. The reason that 'early' and 'high' have the correct units is because we can edit and manipulate that aspect.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Well I just checked back. In Early, High and All setting the roster are similar which mean a lot of similar troops, In Late there're only the Infantry Bow BG for each factions plus a unit or two of factional cavalry for a few factions (except the Southern Tribes and Rebel).

Note that I'm using Gigantus's descr_unit pack here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...c-beta-release