Thread: Updating Mods

Default Updating Mods

In the past, I was modding RTW II extensively. But since every few days a new patch or DLC was released, I had to update my mods very often.

Especially the file with the land units (I can't even remember the name of the file; Shame on me) contained hours and hours of work because I changed every single stat of every unit.

I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to avert this problem? Maybe a auto-updater or something similar?

2) How long were the intervals between the last DLCs/Patches?

I have the urge to play Rome 2 (and buy the Hannibal and Caesar DLCs) but only if I can mod the game without having to do everything again in 2 weeks.

Decanus

Default Re: Updating Mods

The interval this time around was pretty decently long (I think I was able to leave my mod alone for 3 weeks or more). They've just put out a free update with a new faction today, I've updated my units tables but it isn't enough, I'm wondering if technologies are the problem.

The elite modders use a tool that allows them to compare old a new pack files to find where the alterations took place. It's called WinMerge. Indeed, dealing with updates is a headache, so much so that the guys at Total Realism have waited until now to put out their beta. What they really wanted was for CA to quit updating all together so they could focus on modding as opposed to mod "recovery" .. anyway... it is what it is

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yup winmerge makes it easier to update. here is a tutorial on updating a mod if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYJRh3zmRL0

Thank you, guys! I will start modding right now. +rep