Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Announcement

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: A Sad Announcement

Lets upload the mod somewhere else without saying it around and see if they send letters to the forum we uploaded it to.Otherwise is just a fake sent by some haters and wannabe lawyers that try to shut down the mod.

Never had any idea that TWC gets money from visits?So in theory Westeros TW generates money for TWC.The solution? Upload it on a forum that doesnt get any money from visits or donations.Remember,donations from users also count as money generated from Westeros TW,as these users might be viewed as newcomers that arrived specially for W:TW so yea,it generates money that way as well.

TWC shouldnt say that they get money from visits.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    ^^^ This and possibly this :

As someone said whoever have the copyright probably is planning to make a Total War style game (with campaigns and battles) so eventhough the mod itself is free and did not generate any profit, to play the mod one must purchase a game which is not owned by the copyright holder. This will cause potential lost of income as people most probably not buy their GoT game since people already have a similar product like this mod.

This is the same with MERP since the game the WB game producing maybe competing with Skyrim so that the profit from people playing MERP will go to Bethesda rather than WB. The various LOTR mods for TW probably wasn't touched since the games are different genre though they are within every WB's rights to ask the same treatment.
    I suppose the torrents will overflow if that's the case.
    Last edited by King of the Ring; May 31, 2014 at 07:51 PM.

Damm :/.
    Good luck guys hope everything works out.

Spardox's Avatar Libertus

This is very sad and disappointing, I hope this can be solved and that the mod is done. All my support ...

I hope this will work out. Macho is keeping my hopes up a little.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

how long are you gonna stay on TWC? Given that they are threatening legal action i wouldve thought theyd delete this quite fast, and send you guys a backup or something

I wish you luck sir, your work brought it to life in a way a book or a tv show can not, il follow where ever this goes

jomas's Avatar Miles

How could they ever come to this decision? The mod could only help them with marketing their product, makes me sink to think people are out there trying to ruin this.
    Hope you guys fare well, and make sure to let us know if there's a way to let us possibly help, like sending letters or something to make them reconsider. I'm not a lawyer or anything, nor do I know how to really fight a subject, but this just seems ridiculous that they're doing this.

Maybe they couldn't sell the official ps3 game due to it been so poorer game, so they decide to target this? Just my speculation but makes little sense to target this game for no reason

Any updates on the situation? By my count it has been more than ten days since May 22 and the forum still seems to be here.

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

Indeed very sad. you could of course add 'Dumb' before everything(dumb westeros, dumb tywin, dumb North). that way it falls under the american 'Parody Act' I believe, and they can't say it's copyright infringement. and then add a seperate mod that removes all the dumb. it would be a workaround, but feasible. although you're going into a sort of a grey area with that one...

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Four years ago, I bought the game Medieval II Total War, and then a little while later Kingdoms because of this mod. Four years ago this month, I joined TWC to post in WTW. I am quite sad. WTW guys, good on you for not giving up. Keep fighting the good fight.

I can't claim to know know him personally, but I can't see why G.R.R.M would be opposed to such a well constructed celebration of his work that only promises to get more people interested in the world he created. Get in touch with him ASAP and maybe you can get this mess sorted.

Good luck guys!

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    I can't claim to know know him personally, but I can't see why G.R.R.M would be opposed to such a well constructed celebration of his work that only promises to get more people interested in the world he created. Get in touch with him ASAP and maybe you can get this mess sorted.

Good luck guys!
    From what I've gathered, it wasn't the Steamboat Captain that did it, but a rather infamous firm of lawyers.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

jomas's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    From what I've gathered, it wasn't the Steamboat Captain that did it, but a rather infamous firm of lawyers.
    It's rather rare to ever get complaints from the source, I think GRRM probably wouldn't even mind the mod, maybe even feel flattered that his work is held so highly.
    The lawyers are surely behind it, and it's nearly impossible to fight a large soulless well fueled machine. (mind you, I doubt lawyers are necessarily evil, just organizations that holds rights to products and demand soulessness from their lawyers).

You guys, I got into GRRM's universe after playing the CK2 mod. I wanted to understand what the hell was that about, what was going on.
    In general, this kind of work can only bring more people to the show and/or to the books.

Just keep it like right now where you can only get the mod if you register into TWCenter.

Any lawyer can just google 'Game of Thrones mods', but only Total War gamers will be able to find this.

"There were hundreds of lawyers in the water, drowning or burning or doing a little of both."

WILDFIRE - tested on lawyers!
    Now available at your local Pyromancer with a full 30 day money back guarantee.

IT WORKS!

skypoq's Avatar Foederatus

No news?
    Good luck guys, we all wait for updates!

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Could you link me to the ModDB page please ?. Any news on age of petty kings ?.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Moddb is here:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/westeros-total-war

There has been progress, not sure what the others want to post yet though so I'll keep zipped.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast