Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Announcement

Default Re: A Sad Announcement

Wow. How necessary. So that's why it takes so long for each book to be released... GRRM is kept busy annoying his fans and destroying their work. Good Job! Well I'll be writing that ****** too and telling him that I'm finished with his bloody books! HBO ftw! Let's hope they finish the series before GRRM!!

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How will this affect the Game of Thrones Role-Players in that other forum (god knows what it's called)

Wait, exactly in what way must WTW be removed from the site? Providing a download link could be a problem, but I'm sure showing a picture or hosting a hotseat campaign isn't, because it's not endorsing the product, just showing off what's available. I'm quite sure hiding the download+submod+screenshots threads will suffice.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Well that's a bummer, nice of him to wait so many years and take it away now of all times. Well I hope work continues elsewhere.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

we are thankful for all your support guys

but please, dont write angry letters to grrm before we had a chance

So what exactly does this mean? WTW can continue development but just can't be a part of Twc? Or a have the blood sucking mosquitoes(lawyers) asked you stop mod progress all together?
    Last edited by Emperor Hantscher; May 26, 2014 at 04:00 PM.

Well, this has put a real downer on my morning...

I hope as things develop there will be some way to keep the community, and the mod, together.

EDIT: You guys deserve better than this. You've been the friendliest, most entertaining, and most thought-provoking online community I've been apart of. Best of luck with all your endeavors!
    Last edited by Straight Up Jumpshot; May 26, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Well I think we need to arrange a marriage for our good friend George R R Martin.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

I feel sick... More or less disgusted... I really want to puke. This was an incredible community, and I'm glad to have been a part of it, for however short of a time it's been. i hope George R.R. Martin is happy with himself for shattering the hearts of a good-portion of his fans, and... I'm really speechless... I almost don't even want to keep reading the series... Who am I kidding, I'll probably keep reading it... Anyway, good luck Inarus, HannibalExMachina, and all the other members of this mod! Maybe once GRRM eats his way to death, you'll be able to start this thread up again, until then, it was a pleasure to be a part of your community!

This mod is the only I've checked for the past 8 months. I'm going to miss this mod and all of you people who made the community special. +rep for all of you especially the modders.

An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.

What if we all just move our hotseats to the Third Age Total War forum?

Sickening, the petty nature that money creates in people. I've been a member of this great site for many years and downloaded almost every mod but never posted till this mod came about as I loved all the books and will continue to. Completely understand the situation this puts the owner/operators of TWC in and they have to do what's best for their product. The fact that in a round about way someone can argue that this mod is somehow financially infringing/gaining on GRRM's work is outlandish and irritating. I have no doubt that this was brought to GRRM's attention, if it was at all, via a; as it's been stated; a person/lawyer who wants his business and doesn't have a second thought about destroying work that'd only boost his sales therefore his wallet. Best of luck to all team members, from any and all submodders to our Lords that are WTW 1.0

Really, I still don't see the problem in keeping the hotseat threads if no download links are provided. Make a RANDOMMOD Hotseat Sub-forum somewhere. We are free to refer to his characters/stories, because they are of public knowledge. No screenshots, just the hotseat happening. No one would be able to take this down, because it's surely legal.
    I can say here, for example, I know where/how to do something illegal (it's a hypothetical situation), and all the members could discuss it here, but while I don't give away any hints of how to do it I'm perfectly within the law. Debating illegal mods (several are banned from TWC, for example) is perfectly fine if we don't provide the download links.

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Wow, pop by the threads and this is what is happening. GRRM doesn't know anything. He gave the rights for an adaption to HBO who to be honest are doing a job compared to the material they have to work with. We also have some awful videogames. Now there is this. GRRM could not build a multimedia franchise even if ASoIaF was the most popular novel on earth.

I completely understand opposing fanfiction, but this is silly. I've followed the progress of this mod for three and a half years, and the various members who have worked on various builds have done nothing except raise awareness for the series and make it more fun.

Hey WTW team, keep us updated on twitter and let us know a place we can send messages to GRRM. I think it is best we all keep it nice and civil.

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

As Hanni said, please don't write angry messages to GRRM vis-à-vis this mod (or wish that he "eats his way to death", etc). That would only make a bad situation worse.

Let's all keep this civil (regardless of how homicidal you may feel). The minds who make this mod and the community who follows it still exists, we just need to find a new home.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

So are all of the forums going away and, if so, when?

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

What will be happening with hotseats? Just curious. Is that being moved aswell?

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Well chaps, I wish you all the best and good luck, whatever the outcome, sterling work!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Sad to see this, though holding my thumbs for a good conversation with GRRM; he appears to be a reasonable fellow, and would perosnally assume he's not been involved so far but only lawyers, unless there's ignorance with what a mod actually is (seen before in other cases) and/or unless legal demands tie his estate as well.
    So, best of luck

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

@Ngugi as far as my understanding of copyright and trademark law in the United States, the owner cannot pick and choose what they want to remove or keep. They either have to remove all instances of people copying or using their intellectual property or allow all forms of it. So sadly, I doubt a chat with GRRM or his legal team will amount to anything productive. The community will hopefully just have to move to a domain which doesn't earn any add revenue.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast