Thread: AI bribes whoever they want

Default AI bribes whoever they want

H/H GonsunZan
    turn 5
    Zhou yun was leading an army of 10 units of horse, then the next turn it says he was bribed by Yuan Shao Army, wtf how can one of the most loyal generals be bribed especially when leading a 10 unit army at turn 5, is anyone else getting this where your high end generals are being bribed?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: AI bribes whoever they want

I haven't had it happen, no. But the more important issue is that you said Zhao Yun was loyal to Gongsun Zan; Zhao Yun was not at all loyal to GSZ or Yuan Shao or anyone he served before Liu Bei.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

When i start he is my general and has a very high loyalty rating so there for should not his bribe cost be very very high?

i tired 4 more times and each time no matter the size of the army he is leading he gets bribed by yuan shao and my dipolmats cant bribe him back, they dont even have the option to
    Last edited by Sigmar Heldenhamer; May 26, 2014 at 07:50 PM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I haven't experienced that so I'm not sure. We have done a lot of cleaning, revising and overhauling of the RTW trait system, and have added a ton of our own stuff, but when porting another mod there are things that don't pass over well and get broken, then we have to find them and either fix them or remove them. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing some values.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

is there like a log file that i can send you after the bribe happens that you could look at to see what is causing it? im not saying this is a game breaker its just weird that it happens alot, it would make more sense if he was bribed by Lui Bei

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    (...)wtf how can one of the most loyal generals be bribed especially when leading a 10 unit army at turn 5, is anyone else getting this where your high end generals are being bribed?
    If AI has tons of cash (out of thin air) - it can do something like that.

yea i know, i keep telling them about the insane amount of money that the AI and I get, but they say that the problem was fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    yea i know, i keep telling them about the insane amount of money that the AI and I get, but they say that the problem was fixed
    Just to clarify, the problem is NOT fixed, we only implemented measures that we think will fixed the problem, and apparently if this is the case, the measures did not work.

ok gotcha,

If I might interject, the problem may not be in the game but part of a historical thing as he went to serve Liu Bei whom took refuge with Yuan Shao...I could be completely wrong however.

that may be very true but this is at its core a CA game so i dont expect it to be very smart, no matter how much magic these modders use

I don't believe that is the case. We have no historical scripts in place for any faction other than Liu Bei.

(As a side note, Zhao Zilong joined Liu before he ever went to take refuge with Yuan Shao. Liu Bei only went to Yuan Shao after he lost control of Xuzhou to Cao Cao.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade That Was Broken View Post
    (As a side note, Zhao Zilong joined Liu before he ever went to take refuge with Yuan Shao. Liu Bei only went to Yuan Shao after he lost control of Xuzhou to Cao Cao.)
    And another important thing to note is that he left Gongsun Zan's service not to serve Liu Bei, but because his elder brother died and he left to observe the customary 2 year mourning period. He did not return to Gongsun Zan after those 2 years were up, but there's nothing that would ever stipulate he had to. His eldest brother died, he mourns him, and then likely takes charge of his family in this period, but he's in a bit of a limbo in regards to his historical biography as to what he did in between the time that he left Gongsun Zan (Early 190s) and joined Liu Bei (year 200).
    Last edited by Yue Fei; June 05, 2014 at 01:02 AM.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.