Thread: Falcom 3, any projects to make it better now that hardcoded Limits are gone?

Icon3 Falcom 3, any projects to make it better now that hardcoded Limits are gone?

Hi,

Now that the hardcode limits can be overiden is there any plan to make falcom even better?

Thanks again for the great mod

Default Re: Falcom 3, any projects to make it better now that hardcoded Limits are gone?

I agree that this mod could really benefit from this!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Default Re: Falcom 3, any projects to make it better now that hardcoded Limits are gone?

Breaking hardcore limits may fix the game cdts...

If one day the factions limit can be breaked, I would add tons of new factions like Korea for example.
    Last edited by falcom4ever; February 10, 2015 at 05:57 AM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Being a whole-world mod, if they can remove the unit and faction and settlement number cap...
    You could have hundreds of factions! Thousands of units and settlements! It'd be amazing. And kick the crap out of every total war since shogun 2 at least haha
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

I would had lots and lots of regions in the new world, africa and make china even more dense . That would be awsome.

Also I can imagine all the factions that could be aded :
    Goryeo, Dali, Western Xia, Tibet, Khwarezm, Khrarakithai, Sweden, Norway, Lithuania, Kiev, Kanem, Haussa, Ethiopia, Kongo, Swahili City States and so on...

That would be amazing, but I guess that it will take some time before such thing happens. The project seems to be blocked for now sadly. But I am sure the it will happen someday someone breaking the hardcoded limits as it happened with rtw.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

It happened with RTW? Well damn I had no idea haha
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Anyway, when it does happen, that will be awsome !

Dare to dream ?

What it would look like with 27 more factions

Cherokee or Creek
    Hurons
    Iroquois
    Chichimec
    Tarascans
    Tlxcalans
    Tupi tribes
    Wales
    Ireland
    Norway
    Venice
    Sicily
    Lithuania
    Kanem Borno
    Oyo or Benin
    Kongo
    Swahili city states
    Ethipia
    Kievan Rus
    Cumans
    Ghaznavids
    Tibet
    Western xia
    Goryeo
    Dai viet
    Pegu
    Dali

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Seems amazing, I hope once it really will happen

Ha! If the hardcoded limits were broken I might make a semi-fantasy mod that's like Thera but with a taste of the Europa Barbarorum style reforms.

Since I have no modeling skills I'd basically be taking resources from a LOT of different mods. It'd probably be a personal mod because asking for permission from quite possibly 20 different mod teams would be chaos.

It would start around the time period of the most "ancient" M2 mod that I know, which is Paeninsula Italica. And end around the time of the most "modern" Medieval 2 mod that I know, Sigh of the Empire. I like Thera, but there are many things that I would change to make it suit my tastes more.

Of course, having Victorian-era units fight Warhammer and LoTR orcs would also be extremely amusing.

There would be a sort of Roman faction, beginning with Servian --> Camillan --> Polybian ---> Marian --> Augustan ---> Late Roman (Invasio Barbarorum) --> Byzantine (Bellum Crucis, East of Rome)

There would be a Chinese faction beginning with Han (Han Zhi Shang assets) --> Tang (I don't know if a Tang mod exists) ---> Song (Shaoding) --> Ming (Asia Dynasties, Imjin War) --> Early Qing (Asia Dynasties, Imjin War) --> Late Qing (Sigh of the Empire)

And probably a lot more factions also but I'm not too familiar with how the sequences/reforms will occur. Plus this is all up in the air and I'm super busy with life, so I guess this is just a dream mod idea that will stay in my head.
    Last edited by IGdood; March 07, 2015 at 07:40 PM.