Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Rome 2 Refugees are here?

Default How many Rome 2 Refugees are here?

Just wondering how many long term TW'ers are Rome2 refugees and heading home ... M2TW mods.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Default Re: How many Rome 2 Refugees are here?

I played Rome 2 for about 60 hours and it was a painful depressing heart wrenching 60 hours. To see your most loved franchise crash and burn is a hard thing too watch. My time in M2TW is a huge contrast to Rome 2. I have played countless hours of M2TW mostly stainless steel. Rome 1 almost consumed my entire life. I remember first getting Rome and not knowing anything about the franchise or what to expect. I installed the game and started the tutorial. It only showed the portion of Italy and I said to myself I cant believe its only Italy what a disappointment. Then the tutorial ended and the campaign map revealed itself and I immediately fell in love. I hate CA and Sega for ruining what I loved so much but that's normal for most games these days. So many franchises are being ruined by company's only worried about profits DLC and deadlines. Whatever happened to making a game just for the love of it.

I never even bothered playing anything after RTW, though I did buy M2TW about five years ago in anticipation of EBII. Still sitting in a drawer unplayed, though I have it ready to install this August.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I never even bothered playing anything after RTW, though I did buy M2TW about five years ago in anticipation of EBII. Still sitting in a drawer unplayed, though I have it ready to install this August.
    You might want to get the install done ahead of time. First it has to be upgraded to Kingdoms and then the 1.05 patch applied. Now you might THINK that's a ho-hum process, but CA really hosed up the upgrade process. We had one team member who literally spent a month trying to get his M2TW upgrade completed so he could play the test version of EB2. You might be one of the lucky ones who gets the smooth install, but if not....burn the clock on this now, not in August.
    EBII Council

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

I guess my avatar and signature would answer the question.

Rome 2 is the best of the series.
    Last edited by Garensterz; May 25, 2014 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Rome 2 is the best of the series.
    Are you serious?
    Why you are here then?

Come on EBII! M2TW will never die!

I am one of the refuges you speak of. Can't wait for EB II

I never got Rome II because it would never run on my poor system. I can't wait for EBII.

I played over 100 hours of Rome2 and had some good fun with a Carthage campaign (playing with client states was very interesting for a while) before I uninstalled it. There's just so much wrong with it and so much good stuff from Rome1 isn't there anymore. And so many of the really bad features are hard-coded -- I hate the new province system with a deep purple passion.

What a frustrating waste of potential. I would much much rather play modded Rome1.

Are you serious?
    Why you are here then?

Come on EBII! M2TW will never die!

I think his avatar and specially his signature are an irony mate!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

I washed up on shore a few months ago and I'm eagerly awaiting the return of our holy prophet.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

I enjoyed seeing the graphics until I realized that was all I could stand. And even those fell by the wayside soon. I'll take EBII over R2TW any day, not to mention the loads of other wonderful mods as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    You might want to get the install done ahead of time. First it has to be upgraded to Kingdoms and then the 1.05 patch applied. Now you might THINK that's a ho-hum process, but CA really hosed up the upgrade process. We had one team member who literally spent a month trying to get his M2TW upgrade completed so he could play the test version of EB2. You might be one of the lucky ones who gets the smooth install, but if not....burn the clock on this now, not in August.
    I have an unopened Gold Edition DVD version of M2TW with Kingdoms on the same disc. I don't actually know if it works, since I never opened it!

There appears to be a different 1.05 patch for Gold or not. Grabbed them both anyway. A quick bit of Googling reveals myriad issues with patching, thanks for the heads up.

There are a lot of great kingdoms mods out there, no need to wait solely for eb2. Broken crescent, third age total war, stainless and many other great mods are available.

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    There are a lot of great kingdoms mods out there, no need to wait solely for eb2. Broken crescent, third age total war, stainless and many other great mods are available.
    They're all in the medieval era (or worse, fantasy), which doesn't interest me in the slightest. I want antiquity.

De Bello Mundi then - our closest competitor and benefactor at the same time as they shared with us the battle-map city models.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They're all in the medieval era (or worse, fantasy), which doesn't interest me in the slightest. I want antiquity.
    Invasio Barbarorum, De Bello Mundi, Peninsula Italica are all Med 2 mods in antiquity.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Lets all hope EB2 doesn't get a Tony Abbot... "Stop the boats"... "Asylum Seekers"...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; May 26, 2014 at 03:19 AM.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

@ QuintusSertorius: I also have Gold Edition DVD version, I bought it for the EB II. I tried it with Broken Crescent for few days, so I hope EB II will work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I think his avatar and specially his signature are an irony mate!
    You're right, sorry. Now I have seen that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast