Thread: [SUBMOD] Animations for the axemen and clubmen of DeI.

Default [SUBMOD] Animations for the axemen and clubmen of DeI.

Credits: AggonyDuck for his Axe Animation fragments, on which this submod is based.

**Compatible with 0.85e
    **Updated the pack to include a fix for Iceni recruitment; Teceitos (axemen) can now be recruited from level 3 bronze forges in addition to level 2 and level 4 bronze forges.

On the very eve of 0.9, on the teetering edge of total obsolescence, I bring you a submod for DeI 0.85d. I changed every infantry unit in DeI that visually uses shields-and-axes or clubs in melee combat (including mixed-weapon units, e.g. units that field both swords&axes, also those german pikemen) to minimize stabbing and thrusting in general (there are still occasional thrusts against shields, but there should be no stabby kills; do report any if you see any). So far I've also edited all shield-and-axe/club-wielding cavalry to use these 'axe' animations on foot, though I haven't yet done the experimentation needed to root out all the stabby mounted combat fragments. Also to do: isolating the axe/club-friendly animations for shield-less axe and clubmen and for two-handed axemen. Furthermore, I tinkered with AggonyDuck's original fragments to both bring them in line with DeI's melee infantry animation setup and also to make them play nice with Matched Combat Be Gone (without my changes, mixing Axe Animations and Matched Combat Begone reduces combat between axemen units to staring contests, which while hilarious and not completely unrealistic, puts them at a disadvantage against other units and is rather incongruous with the mod in general).

Mod load order shouldn't matter due to db file names. File is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab...nimations.pack

Steam link, for weirdos: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=262498833

No parenthesis have been harmed in posting this topic.
    Last edited by JObadiah; May 28, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Barune's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Animations for the axemen and clubmen of DeI.

Quote Originally Posted by JObadiah View Post
    No parenthesis have been harmed in posting this topic.

Are you working on a update for 0.9?

Yes. I'll need some time to update for the new units since I'll want to carefully pick through all the new units' variantmeshes to make sure I get them all.

Nice

Is there an update for this? Or is this still compatible with 1.04a?.. I cant believe CA hasn't done this to vanilla by now..

Is there gonna be no update to this? It crashes now unless I delete the db part of it. I think it might be because of the land_units one.