Thread: Looking For A Good Battle Sounds and Marching Sound Mod . . . Frustrated

Default Looking For A Good Battle Sounds and Marching Sound Mod . . . Frustrated

I'm one of those people who think the base NTW is pretty good. Also, don't want to mess up my install for MP or anything else with a mod that, well, messes that up.

However, I would really like a couple of specific things added to the battle experience related to sounds (and, possibly, flags).

1. Realistic Marching Sounds. In particular, I would like to hear a fife and drum or small band sound of La Victoire Est A Nous - Victory Is Ours! the famous French song. I do not want a full blown band or orchestra, just something that some troops might hear if they were near one of the army music and drum groups.

- I have seen a mod on youtube which has actual band units that plays a realistic version of LVEAN. Want that. Cant find it.
    - I have seen a mod on youtube which has fife and drum changes for all major factions including the french and plays LVEAN. Would like that, can't find it.

2. Realistic Battle Sounds. Much of the sound in the vanilla NTW is okay - it's not hollywood but it lacks a bit of depth and realism. Just a relatively minor but realistic upgrade here would be ideal. I've seen some mod footage on youtube - some mods were okay and some were not. One problem for people is that we really do not know what muskets en masse sounded like on the large battlefields (there were no recordings!). We do know however that massed musketry and cannon do not necessarily sound like 1 musket shot multiplied by x - because many sounds at once along with atmopheric effects makes it sound a bit different than we might expect. Descriptions from the American civil war reported that massed musketry sounded like ripping canvas. In any case, I would like someone with some mod familiarity and expertise, preferably a history nut like myself, to recommend a good battle sounds mod.

Finally, it would help a lot if there were a mod manager so I could add and tweak without doing a bunch of manual copying and keeping track of stuff. (Have the game installed through Steam, btw).

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Looking For A Good Battle Sounds and Marching Sound Mod . . . Frustrated

Here is an example of the music marching sound mod I would like, but have been unable to find it in the forum index of released mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Io4tuaax_0

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Looking For A Good Battle Sounds and Marching Sound Mod . . . Frustrated

Moved from Q&S to NTW\Workshop\Sounds where you have the best chance for help.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Moved from Q&S to NTW\Workshop\Sounds where you have the best chance for help.
    I just came back on to request that it be moved.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

First rule to get a specific request fulfilled within a reasonable time frame and the way you want it: learn how do to it yourself.

Beside, there is an editor (actually several editors) and a mod manager

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    First rule to get a specific request fulfilled within a reasonable time frame and the way you want it: learn how do to it yourself.

Beside, there is an editor (actually several editors) and a mod manager
    I was asking if such a sound mod already existed - not to have one made. They appear too, as I have seen the effects on you tube videos. But the indices and descriptions do not provide enough information, or the mods I've seen and heard on you tube are not listed in the index for some reason. Or, I am looking in the wrong place.

I would like to record the sounds from the key parts of the Waterloo movie (which I have), but aside from owning the movie I do not have any idea as to how to proceed.