Thread: Modding Rome Total War on Mac

Default Modding Rome Total War on Mac

I recently obtained Rome: Total War Gold Edition for Mac as I wanted to see if it would run smoother on my Mac than my PC. It worked fine, even better, but when I tried to install a mod (XGM - one of my favorites) it would not let me. I later tried to modify descr_strat file to get all the factions playable, but the file would not let me save it, as it was a read-only file. I've searched the world wide web for solutions, the only plausible one I found was at the following link -http://www.feralinteractive.com/downloads/support/RomeModding.mov which I found on the heavengames forum for RTW. However even after doing what was said in the video I encountered a problem - I could not save it as a read/write DMG. This is now really starting to bug me. Any help from those of you who are more experienced in modding the mac version would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Auggie
    Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist,

While you guys were arguing about the glass of water and how full it was, I actually drank it!

Sincerely,
    The Opportunist

Default Re: Modding Rome Total War on Mac

Okay never mind, I was finally able to get it to work. Somebody close this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience
    Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist,

While you guys were arguing about the glass of water and how full it was, I actually drank it!

Sincerely,
    The Opportunist