Thread: Too little trade value?

Icon10 Too little trade value?

I've been playing Cao Cao for a while and after controlling about 25 settlements, I noticed that of all sources of income, the trade value was surprisingly little (40 as compared to 22000 of tax and 7000 of farming), In the beginning, I thought it is because of the bandits but I wiped them out and also developed most of city to manor farm but it didnt work. Can anyone explain why?

Default Re: Too little trade value?

Do you have trade rights with your partners? And Merchants on trade goods?

Without these, trade does nothing...

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Making trade rights is my first move, and the merchants are not helpful due to their humble earning, I observe the flow of goods and carts but nothing moves on roads, I'm doubting about the seaports because I only built 1 seaport in He Fei but I dont think that counts.

What are your trade income when you control 30 cities around the Central region?

I only have one port, but it is trading with another AI port. Just check your settlement details screen in the town that the port is in , all trade will be small amounts at the start of the game it will grow over time, try and get characters with high acumen into the large towns build a road network and markets.

Hi there,

Here's a reply from Gig on the matter:

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus
    The trade issue is the 'principle of diminished income' - the more settlements you have the smaller the trade income, this applies also to the AI. There are no money scripts and the kings purse is identical for all factions.

TBTWB
    RoTK Developer
    Last edited by The Blade That Was Broken; May 25, 2014 at 09:51 PM.

why would trade go down the more settlements you have? i can under stand an increase in expenditure required to maintain more settlements, but usually more settlements means the more trading hubs from various points and different resources being shared, i am not an economy major so i dont really know all the finer details about trade but if someone can dumb it down for me lol i would appreciate it

I got it but "The more settlements you have, the smaller the trade income" sounds bitter to me though.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Trade values of items are also too low (I mean all those pottery, grain, timber). With so little merchants and so low values - trade income is non existent in mod.

Aszrayel's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade That Was Broken View Post
    Hi there,

Here's a reply from Gig on the matter:

TBTWB
    RoTK Developer
    Thing is, the amount of trade decline per new settlement is too much in my opinion. After 17 settlements trade has all but disappeared, except for a couple of my settlements where they are making 500 or less in trade. I understand the principle of diminished income. At first though, trade should actually increase with each settlement but with less and less of a return until it gets to a point where trade stops increasing and then starts decreasing from there. I think this shouldn't start happening until half the settlements are taken, with trade starting to go down with each settlement added from that point. Here's a link to a web page that explains it and also gives a graph to illustrate the concept:

http://www.economicshelp.org/microes...shing-returns/

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I am going to tweak this to have an effect later.