Thread: Stop units routing off battle map

Default Stop units routing off battle map

Not sure which category this question falls under, so I'll post it out the open.

This question has 2 parts to it.

1: I'm looking to set units to have the fight till death attitude like with the defenders in a siege battle. Where they will route, but instead of running off map, they instead fall back to the castle center and/or General. I've been browsing through the forums, but haven't found anything that relates to this. Could someone please point me in the right direction with this please?

2: Is there a way to stop units from becoming "Shattered"? It's fine with the "Broken" stat when they route, but I would like to stop them from becoming uncontrollable and running for the hills.

Any help with this is much appreciated. Thanks.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Stop units routing off battle map

well here the answer
    1. Nah just edit the morale table like 50 , and they will fight till last man
    2. yes by enable rally ability for routing unit, everything lies in unit_stat_land tables just go edit
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; June 05, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't help me with what I'm trying to achieve. Yes it does keep them from routing, but they still become "shattered". Also, I do want them to route and run, but not where they run off the map. The 'can rally' setting just keeps them in place when they route for a second, then reform. And the high morale doesn't help either, because then they just sit there until they're all dead.

I know there's a setting somewhere that sets up how the defending units route in a siege map. I just have to find what table it is in, and if it can be applied to regular battle maps.

I don't think 1. is possible. Maybe add your own *.lua scripts can achieve it. Have a look of Data\scripting_library\scripting_library_rout_manager.lua for example.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Open kv_morale. Try Setting the ums_broken_threshold_lower waaaay down (default was -30, try like -60), and lower also the ums_wavering_threshold_lower(default -4) and ums_shaken_threshold_lower(default 2) down also, so they are easier to rally.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; June 08, 2014 at 05:25 AM.

That might work well. I also found the siege kv file (sorry don't remember the actual name) that deals with the fight till death setting. Looking at the setup, I don't its possible to use it in any battle map other than a siege map. Either way, the kv_morale will help great with this. Thanks.