View Poll Results: Do you want a release of the next patch?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES and I am able to help you (time and capacities)

7 10.29%
  • YES I want to play, but I can't help

58 85.29%
  • NO, it doesn't matter now. I don't play MTWII anymore

3 4.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News from Broken Crescent 2.4

Default Re: News from Broken Crescent 2.4

@Byzantineboy, thank you very much for the effort and perseverance! I am truly grateful!

is...is Walachia going to be a playable faction?

I didn't even know they existed during this time frame.

What do you mean absolutely not? But there was a faction preview with Wallachia and was listed among the playable faction for BC 2.4 ... I know it didn't exist as a faction in the starting time frame, but I figured maybe if you have a late campaign or something like that.... I'm very sad now...

spauny, I think you mistake. It is Tsardoms total war which plan to add Walachia.
    At this time frame, Wallachia was occupied by Petchnegs, a kind of kypchaks.

But if you find that there is a Wallachian preview, I swear to add it. (I just remind two previews: Bahrein and Yemen)

I'm interested in playing BC 2.4!
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAL SIPHAI View Post
    It sucks how Wudang left??

Broken Crescent I still play its one of the best mods ever made. PERIOD!!!!!
    I have to agree with you, This is one of the best mods for MTW II. The level of detail of the units is at least as good if not the best looking units for any MTW II mod.

I just wanted to post the faction symbol for Yemen. What do you guys think? I could always make changes (or anyone else).

baradona's Avatar Libertus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

it looks beautiful! i like it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by baradona View Post
    it looks beautiful! i like it a lot
    Thank you! This is the zoomed in version, so the pixels are more noticeable, but in game, I imagine this will look just fine

Still love this mod and appreciate everyone's efforts in putting it out there for us. It is through playing this mod that my knowledge and interest in the Eastern Medieval world has increased tenfold. Unfortunately I don't have the abilities to help.

I love the mod and my only asset is knowledge of the E. Roman Empire

Master Shu Win's Avatar Foederatus

do the download links even work for this mod anymore?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Have you even checked them out?

They work fine.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shu Win View Post
    do the download links even work for this mod anymore?
    I re-downloaded the mod about a month ago from depositfiles and they were working but the download links are perhaps a bit unusual (you need to put in a captcha for each download and you can download only one or two parts in a day unless you use their downloader).

Quote Originally Posted by Mouselord View Post
    I love the mod and my only asset is knowledge of the E. Roman Empire.
    Presumably that means you have no modding experience. A couple of Byzantine things of potential use in my opinion, could be some kind of historical or artistic portaits of the main characters (Manuel and Alexios Komnenos), also ideally an incorporation of Andronikos Palaiologos as a family member with a historical or suitable artistic portrait, as a potential founder of another dynastic line. Just an idea. It would be good to change the family tree to add Andronikos Palaiologos and also add a marriage with Maria, Manuel's queen and mother of Alexios, from the House of the Kingdom of Jerusalem (if a marriage alliance could be modded into the family tree). That would lead to better faction standing between ERE and KoJ at the start of the campaign. It is not essential or even desirable, just historically correct. Some research on character traits (both good and bad) for Alexios Komnenos and Andronikos Palaiologos could probably be of some use.

A couple of potential place name changes, currently Amasya is in the place of Neocaesarea, while historical Amaseia was nearer Ankara (near to where Kirsehir is on the BC map, whose Byzantine name was Justinianopolis). Mardin was Byzantine Martyropolis. The settlements in Cyprus need potential research: Did Leukosia and Ammochostos exist then? When was Constantia the capital, was it before this period? I believe Laranda is Turkish Karaman. So maybe something could be done in that direction, if place names will be faction specific using Byzantineboy's renaming system from Jizya, Kafirs and Dimmis.

These are just ideas on ERE, needing both research and then implementation.

Wallachia is indeed in Tsardoms.

Master Shu Win's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Have you even checked them out?

They work fine.
    Downloaded fine and I might add one of the best mods I ever played. Encountered no problems. This mod in my opinion is better then third age. Broken Crescent replaced third age in the number one spot on my list of MTW2 mods.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Broken Crescent and EB are two of the few reasons I play any TW campaign. So any new release from BC is very welcome news. I was always very interested in your solo sub mod work for BC Byzantineboy so good luck

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Broken Crescent is the only reason why MTW is still on my pc. Please don't give up on it. I'm willing to donate 10 or 20 dollars if that would help. Well, not such a small amount of course, but perhaps more people would like to donate.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; June 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

I'm still playing and loving this mod, and the submods just make it better! I would love to see the Mongols as a playable faction, though, maybe with a few more units.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast