Thread: Chastity??

Default Chastity??

Why does the trait of "Chaste" give negative fertility, should chaste mean low fertility out side of marriage, i dont understand how being chaste affects your fertility level with your wife?

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Chastity??

chaste means you don't "waggle" around much, not even with your wife. Ingame, the trait will decrease the chance on affairs, just as lustfull will increase it

ok , was not sure, i thought it meant no sex before or out side of marriage and sex only with wife, i think that this trait kinda ruins it , it would make more sense if it gave like a "faithful" bonus and increased fertility only with wife or someithing like that

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

(Castitas) Chastity is the Virtue to the Sin of (Luxuria) Lust. I agree there should be a (Fidelitas) Fidelity trait which is in an ideal mean of the two. A Chaste person will avoid the carnal in general and while that's fine its still a negative trait in a game about family building and networking. Likewise being lustful and sleeping around is also not ideal in a family building game. Fidelity however would be a good trait. A stable marriage with many children. Ideal. Plus other people will trust you more.

I would rework the Seven Sins, Seven Virtues as Seven Sins, Seven Means, Seven Virtues.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I think there is also an unseen character stat for honorable behavior; things like being arbitrary, deceitful, lustful make it more likely for a character to do underhanded things regardless of their relation score whereas being just, chaste, honest, and others make it less likely.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

There isn't such an "honorable" stat. Traits increase the chances of "honest" or "dishonorable" events to come up or are prerequisites for some events.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Not every AI behavior is governed by an event, not the least of which is the decision to start or join a plot against a particular target or to a particular end.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    There isn't such an "honorable" stat.
    there sure is:
    greedy = {
    personality = yes
    opposites = {
    charitable
    }
    global_tax_modifier = 0.1
    diplomacy = -1

ai_honor = -10
    ai_ambition = 15
    ai_greed = 100
    }
    charitable = {
    personality = yes
    opposites = {
    greedy
    }
    diplomacy = 3

church_opinion = 10
    opposite_opinion = -10
    same_opinion = 10

ai_honor = 10
    ai_ambition = -15
    ai_greed = -100

ai_zeal = 10
    }
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel