Thread: What are the biggest battles you have fought in 2.6?

Default What are the biggest battles you have fought in 2.6?

Now that im moving forward in my Roman Campaign and freeing up more money theer are oportunities for more multi stack batles. In my last campaign i realised i should bunch armies together and draw in the enemy until they had enough stacks to take on mine. This created more decisive battles and less repetitious smaller ones.

What are the biggest battles you have fought so far? My next massive battle i will take a screen shot. Usualy when the War in Greece heats up they initialy avoid my large armies standing in their land until they can bunch enough to take them on. Macedon seems to be able to do this quickly.They key of course is having lesser more disposable generals in your secondary armies as you can't control their fate.

Screen shots would be cool.

Default Re: What are the biggest battles you have fought in 2.6?

Probably garrison script fights...

Macedon wants to retain its independence.

Spartan forces disagree on the feasibility of a two-state solution.

Representation of the battle, as seen on a vase drawing.

Victory! But only by the narrowest of margins...
    Spoiler for Another victory like this and...

Never has unveiling the casualty count been built up to be a disappointment as in the battle for Pella. I really enjoyed writing about a bloody and brutal battle that never actually happened. Pella was an inside job

As everyone knows, fighting massive forces in the field can be a risky proposition, so like a good general I try to avoid it. Plan ahead, or lose a head!

Ironically, though I intended to drown enemies in a sea of Syracuse Levy Thureophoroi, the fact that that Syracuse starts with a Large Lithobolos and the fact that Roman cohorts as well as units of (Levy or normal) Thureophoroi are only 200 instead of 240 sized means no big battles, just amusing maneuver and strat-map encirclement and pocketing of Romans.

No peace with Romans, men of iron and stone and LIIEEEESSSS
    Last edited by Alavaria; May 18, 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Did i see 9 slinger units in that army! haha. Lord of the skirmish!

I have no pics for it, but it was a 3 vs. 3 full stacks. My romans vs. Germanic hordes...... NO LAG
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

This one. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13488115

Still gonna shamelessly flaunt this one into anyone and everyone's face.

That campaign save is ed though so I had to restart.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

What is the secret to uploading captures. I struggle with it.
    Last edited by CatoTheYounger; May 24, 2014 at 04:14 AM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Uploading screenshots?

Well, assuming you've got the screenshots themselves, go to an image hosting site - I use imgur.com cause it's easy to use - and upload the image there. Right click + copy the image URL, click the "insert image" button here on the Quick Reply panel and paste the URL there.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

.... it was the greatest battle of the ancient time. Rome VS Macedon.

The Romans had the great city of Pella besieged and the gates were destroyed

by great battling ram the Romans brought from Rome. The defenders bravely held their ground against the

oncoming hoard. They hacked and slashed at the Roman legionary's, killing them by the hundred's.

But their bravely was nothing compare to the sheer numbers of the Roman legion.

So they had to fall back to the town center before they could be overwhelmed by the sheer number of Romans.

All seemed lost until the Macedonians and the Romans heard a horn blow.

The Romans outside of the city turned around as they knew it was the reinforcement from their second army....

their delight however soom turned to horror as they realized it was a second Macedonian army! This army was composed

mostly of Cavalry. This was because the Macedonians knew that their cavalry was worthless in the city so they sent them

out before the siege to gain reinforcements. They were able to recruit many into the army as they what horror and mysticism

waited them under the Roman rule. The Romans outside of Pella were all crushed by the cavalry and it seemed the Macedonians

were going to win. Well too bad, as the second army arrived with elephants and crushed the Macedonian army.

The end.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I am just ing with you guys, it was just a rip off of Battle of Cynoscephalae

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    What is the secret to uploading captures. I struggle with it.
    Press Prt SCR to get a screenshot and post it at Tinypic, imageshack or some other picture hosting

site (you might need to make a account).
    Last edited by Spartan999; May 24, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

Domesticus

There was this Belgae campaign where i was invading Italy, facing imperial legions.

One after the other, the romans were slaughtered and my stack of eagles just kept growing.

[IMG]ACDSee Pro 6 JPEG Image (.jpg[/IMG]