Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits - Memory Editing

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits - Memory Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Den123 View Post
    Great news! I have one question: do you planned to include this developments in Roma Surrectum mod?
    Oh please God let that be the case! Roma Surrectum for the win!

No offense, RTR guys; I will hand you some rep for this amazing achievement (when I'm able to 24 hours from now).

Dear Lord, 60+ factions available? That means you could include not only all the relevant factions in the Greco-Roman world and northern Europe, but also Arabia, India, all of Persia, Central Asia, hell...why not all of Qin / Han China to the Far East! And that's just for a mod on antiquity. For an early or late medieval mod you could include Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and the Khmer Empire of Cambodia on the same map as the Republic of Venice and the Kingdom of France. Hell, you might as well add Timbuktu as a settlement that could be captured.

I would imagine the loading time for all of that would be a pain in the neck, though.

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

this is just like opening the box of pandora... in a good way
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Oh please God let that be the case! Roma Surrectum for the win!

No offense, RTR guys; I will hand you some rep for this amazing achievement (when I'm able to 24 hours from now).

Dear Lord, 60+ factions available? That means you could include not only all the relevant factions in the Greco-Roman world and northern Europe, but also Arabia, India, all of Persia, Central Asia, hell...why not all of Qin / Han China to the Far East! And that's just for a mod on antiquity. For an early or late medieval mod you could include Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and the Khmer Empire of Cambodia on the same map as the Republic of Venice and the Kingdom of France. Hell, you might as well add Timbuktu as a settlement that could be captured.
    easy there bro. This breaktrough surely offers many possibilities, but such thingks () are still really far away at the moment

Add more faction slots - 60+ - its possible to add more than 7 cultures slots??

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

There better be a Hibernian tribe.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

There will be in the first installment of IBUR after this is released

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    There better be a Hibernian tribe.
    In that case there better be the Scotii as well!

will be nice that you can unlock units controlled by battle, from 20 to 40 or 60, that is perfect for campaing battle reinforcements

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So in basic English

You are literally going to make a game out of this engine aren't you, you're modders, yet if you manage to break most of the hard coded areas, you will effectively become indie game developers?

I might be wrong but I am sure that if you're going to these extents......yeah Sega wouldn't catch you out, because Rome was under Activision, and Activison no longer owns CA, they have expressed no interest in the great game they made( I'm looking at you CA for the failure of Rome 2) so yeah you guys are pretty safe. Its only now CA realises that if they let modders like you try to gain more access in the current engines, they will die. If modders one day break the code engine or something, consider it the end of the pc gaming industry.

I might be wrong but these are just guesses.

PS. If China is added, you guys RULE!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The new factions and provinces are going to make this EU3 meets Rome Total War

Amazing!

Would 40 unit armies ever be possible? RTW mods with 40 unit armies and 60+ factions, that would be a dream coming true!

Other question: Does this affect performance?
    RTW/M2TW aren't exactly made to take full advantage of modern hardware, performance decreases could be a problem for more factions/regions, bigger units/armies/...

edit: and good luck with the project of course! Great work!
    I don't know much C/C++ yet unfortunately, otherwise i'd offer to help
    Last edited by Wicked Moose; May 21, 2014 at 09:26 AM.

great news indeed
    would make fixing the path finding inside a city possible ??

Quote Originally Posted by blackygh View Post
    great news indeed
    would it* make fixing the path finding inside a city possible ??

Wow, this is utterly incredible stuff. Seriously, if this is implemented, and implemented well, it'll change TW gaming/modding for good. If you/anyone is able to implement dozens more factions into a Rome campaign whilst tweaking the diplomacy / CAI / BAI so that they're improved that will basically blow Rome 2 out of the water. If that were to happen then all I can see Rome 2 having that's better would be flash graphics.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Palmetto_1 knows C/C++ and won the state programming competition, I can send him an email if you guys want.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Palmetto_1 knows C/C++ and won the state programming competition, I can send him an email if you guys want.
    That would be awesome. We need any help we can, since most of us aren't programmers.

post it on moddb

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Everyone who wants to see that going faster please go arround and spread it, we are doing the same with the med2 exe project, the more people helping, the faster it will be made, as well as more things could be done.

Is it possible to use this programme to maked RTW and even MTW2 work better on modern pcs? I would not want a 40 unit army in RTW with a battle consistently lagging. However I am very eager to see where this can go.
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

So many questions I can't even begin to answer all of them. Thanks for you great support guys!

We're currently hard at work on the launcher - our priority is to unlock more factions and raise other hardcoded limits such as DMB/EDU limits. Performance optimizations might be beyond us however, since it would be way too much work without any source code or even debug symbols. We're literally digging through bytes.

As for the M2TW Launcher by Zarathos - we're already collaborating all the knowledge we can share. And if we're being a little bit too quiet, it means we're really really hard at work, with no time to spare for publicity.

If you guys wish the launcher to progress faster or have more features, then please spread the word! We're looking for C++ programmers every day.