Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits - Memory Editing

Default Re: Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits - Memory Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    I think they meant the maximum number of units in export_descr_units, not the unit size.
    No, they are meant unit size
    Unit size limit increased to 300 (planned to unlock 1200 next)

Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    I think they meant the maximum number of units in export_descr_units, not the unit size.
    No, they are meant unit size
    Unit size limit increased to 300 (planned to unlock 1200 next)

http://tasvideos.org/4156S.html

Automated controller inputs that use glitches to write programs from scratch inside Super Mario World, such as a Pong game. Nerds are amazing sometimes.

I wonder if there are any hacker-programmers out there who, despite not being RTW fans, would be drawn simply to the challenge of this project if we reached out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MacBlain View Post
    http://tasvideos.org/4156S.html

Automated controller inputs that use glitches to write programs from scratch inside Super Mario World, such as a Pong game. Nerds are amazing sometimes.

I wonder if there are any hacker-programmers out there who, despite not being RTW fans, would be drawn simply to the challenge of this project if we reached out to them.
    Stuff like this is probably a lot, lot harder (if not impossible) compared to doing it on the NES, I must say!
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Civis

When will it be released? -.-

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    When will it be released? -.-
    With an attitude like that one, surely never. Impatience won't lead anywhere, especially when you are pretty much demanding for this mod to be done, when you have contributed nothing (at least, that is my impression at a glance).

Be patient. These guys are doing extraordinary work, and for free, but they need vital time from their real life to work on it. Even better, be proactive; if you have enough time in your hands to be impatient, see what you can do to speed up the process.

Also, small reminder for modifications in general: never expect them to be ready at an established date. Modders don't necessarily have a schedule to answer to for their modded work, much less if the expectation comes from you (rather than his own). Hell, they have no reason to even share it to the community, but they do it out of free will, which is already a huge gift.

P.D.: also, all the best to the dev team! Every step you guys are able to achieve has been hard, but that's mostly because this is absolutely uncharted territory. You guys have been pretty much breathing new life into this nearly 9-year-old gem of a game!
    Last edited by debux; October 05, 2015 at 01:23 AM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Come to think of it, this should probably be unstickied if not locked.

Civis

ок debux tnx ;d

Locking this thread until development continues. Hopefully one day it will, but just so everyone knows, no progress has been made on this for a good while. The next RTR will have a lot of cool stuff but nothing that had been previously hardcoded.
    I apologize if we led anyone astray, but we ourselves were led astray until we saw the mess that the hardcode really was. Picture a giant webbing of string all criss-crossed and entangled, and the only way to use the string is to untangle it all, but it just keeps going, and going and going. You feel like progress has been made, only to realize you really have not. That is how the hardcode looks like and its safe to say RedFox, or anyone for that matter was not going to be able to tackle it single handedly. Nobody had enough experience or will to help and he rightfully gave up.
    The ONLY way this could ever be revived is if two or more programmers with C++ experience who also love RTW step forward, contact me, and show some dedication to the mod. If that happens, I am sure RedFox MIGHT be able to be brought back and revive this project.
    Until then, this thread is closed and our fingers are crossed that one day it could be re-opened.