Thread: Game Freezes

Ernest von Lauenburg's Avatar Laetus

Default Game Freezes

I've played a few games on two different computers (with different OS) with different factions. Each time game freezes at end turn scroll on AI Romuli, Lao Che or Vashta somewhere between 20-80 turn (earliest it was 24 turn, latest 71, last play 51). Reloading save doesn't help, since in each save it freezes every time the same turn.
    Is there anything I could do to save my gamesave?

Ernest von Lauenburg's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Game Freezes

I could post a log but since there wan't ctd I don't know will they show anything?

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

When a faction's last settlement is destroyed,and there are still living family members around,that faction forms a horde like barbarian factions do in Rome Total War: BI,or how the Mongols do in vanilla. Turning a faction into a horde can take quite some time in this mod,probably because of the sheer size of the map.

At what faction's turn does the game freeze? If that faction is losing a war badly and is down to it's last few settlements,then they are most likely getting besieged,losing their last town and forming a horde.
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

I have same problem sometimes. I have only ever played two campaigns as the Privateers and both times around turn 30-40 the game freezes on Vashta turn. They are not being destroyed so i can't see the problem being caused by the faction turning horde.

That being said, with most factions i have played many campaigns for hundreds of turns with no problems.

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

I'm having the same problem. The game freezes on the end-turn, turn 27, with Vashta faction (I always play as the Romuli).

Having the same problem here as Dracule in turn 30ish, but the game freezes all the time on the Barka Sultante's turn. This is my first campaign since downloading this mod, if that's any relevance

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

If someone finds a fix would it be ok to pass it along to others in here?

Update on the freezing:

I know that it freezes because of a faction being destroyed (I put in "toggle fow" and watch every turn leading up to the freeze). I've seen around the thread that the most you should have to wait as the map readjusts is 5-10 minutes, however after over 30 minutes the game is still frozen as it looks at the remnants of the destroyed faction still in the bandit/rebel colorscheme. This all happens when I end turn 27.

Since this was my first playthrough, I will try out a new campaign and see if I get the same results

I've had lots of freezes and corrupted saves, even withouth horde mode. I always start a new game when it happens because I never found any sollution. I was suggested to try and use "run as administrator" on the shortcut, I'm trying that now and so far no crashes in my campaign although I'm not very advanced in my campaign.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Roboto View Post
    I've had lots of freezes and corrupted saves, even withouth horde mode. I always start a new game when it happens because I never found any sollution. I was suggested to try and use "run as administrator" on the shortcut, I'm trying that now and so far no crashes in my campaign although I'm not very advanced in my campaign.

Could you link me a thread on how to remove the horde script? I haven't had to deal with something like that since an old version of Third Age Total War's MOS submod

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Did you ever solve it?
    Mine freezes too.

I know its late but I just decided to redownload this mod
    And yes its the horde mode that freezes the game and had the issue solved here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ove-Horde-Mode