Thread: Making Underage Son AS The Faction Heir

Default Making Underage Son AS The Faction Heir

Anyone still interested in modding M2TW? Because I found a way to make underage son as the heir once he comes of age. NO, he doesn't need to wait for the current heir to become king or die for him to be the heir, instead he will become heir once he comes of age. However, since my modding skill is limited, I can't solve several issues myself and need a more experience modder to help me and test this method.

The Heir system seems fine if the FL still alive when FH comes of age, but if the FL died before his son grows up, all hell break loose.

The problem that I'm facing is as follows :

1) Some Factionleaders in the faction still retains Factionheir trait although he has become the new king

2) I use a PLACEHOLDER CHARACTER as heir, so when a factionleader dies before his son comes of age, the placeholder character will become the new king and the game will choose the king's relative as a new heir. (The underage son will not be heir anymore.. NEXT IN LINE MOD??)

The next turn, the placeholder character dies and the relative (new heir) becoming the new king. If he has underage son or doesnt have a son, the placeholder character will spawn again to hold the heir crown, When his becomes adult, his son will automatically becomes heir. However,I don't like the idea a placeholder character as king for one turn, is it possbile to prevent him becoming king at all and automatically hands over the throne to the relative who is his heir?

If the king died before his son is adult, I can't control who the game choose as heir but maybe it can be fix with next in line mod, needs further testing and also I create many hidden family tree, hence, the choosing of another relative as heir, I have not test it in simpler family tree)

3) In certain cases, when a king dies while his son is underage, the placeholder becomes king but instead of choosing the relative as heir, the game choose the adult son of the relative as the heir instead of the relative himself which I find weird. Is there a way to fix this?

If anyone wants to take a look at the files, I have it ready in zip. But I use British_Isles as testing ground. Just let me know

NOTE : I don't use the I_FactionIsLocal command because I want the AI also be able to keep the royalblood and I don't use send_character_off_map for the placeholder character because he will be the heir even if he dissappeared from map, so the son cannot becomes heir when he grows up

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Making Underage Son AS The Faction Heir

I have been trying to find the thread where I posted these pics, tree based on descr_strat settings (current_heir instead of never_a_leader):

under age heir:

leader killed:

different heir depending on sequence of listing in descr_strat, NOT the family tree entries, the named character entry!

What I am taking away from it is that you need an adult son else this will be game over instead of now having an under age leader and an adult heir.
    And the trait issue under 1 - that will be a trigger issue, possibly anti trait related (doesn't work in M2TW), has nothing to do with the inheritance mechanic.