Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Total Realism - Beta Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: Rome II Total Realism - Beta Feedback and Suggestions

yeah, it is a bug.. there is some multiplier for deployables which is doing this... you should normally have like 4 walls and some spikes but not 60 pieces..

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    If Splenyi provides you "realistic" names , then don't use Total Realism in you mod!
    The guy does not want to learn atall!
    Nice to see Anthonius is such a great guy and all... oh wait.

PS. I can only learn from those that can teach me something.

BAM!
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; June 11, 2014 at 06:27 AM.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Quote Originally Posted by Elta View Post
    This is hyperbole right? You don't believe that do you?
    <hangs head in shame> no...

Did I say Rome? I was thinking of Sparta. Guess which stupid film I just saw? =o)

Anyway, silly mistake aside, the main premise is correct. Slave were a major economical resource in Rome and did not create too much of a danger to the state. No one mention the S word or the two slave revolts before it. Still, only 3 major slave revolts in over 300 years can't be seen as a real problem.

I'd prefer slaves in TR2 to be less of negative and more of an economical benefit... because they were.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by dfeal View Post
    <hangs head in shame> no...

Did I say Rome? I was thinking of Sparta. Guess which stupid film I just saw? =o)

Anyway, silly mistake aside, the main premise is correct. Slave were a major economical resource in Rome and did not create too much of a danger to the state. No one mention the S word or the two slave revolts before it. Still, only 3 major slave revolts in over 300 years can't be seen as a real problem.

I'd prefer slaves in TR2 to be less of negative and more of an economical benefit... because they were.
    I would agree with this. The productive levels of these ancient societies were at a pretty low but advancing stage, and therefore the standard of life a roman slave would endure would likely be quite a lot better than a lot of the alternatives. I think that the relatively low number of slave revolts in those 300 years attests to this. From everything I've read it seems clear that roman civilization was very largely built on slave labour, and thus, the economic output of slaves in Rome 2 does seem quite low to me.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by sneakythief View Post
    I would agree with this. The productive levels of these ancient societies were at a pretty low but advancing stage, and therefore the standard of life a roman slave would endure would likely be quite a lot better than a lot of the alternatives. I think that the relatively low number of slave revolts in those 300 years attests to this. From everything I've read it seems clear that roman civilization was very largely built on slave labour, and thus, the economic output of slaves in Rome 2 does seem quite low to me.
    Additionally, the slave rebellions that do appear currently in R2, as I've complained about in previous posts, depict these elites armies that would seemingly represent a major constituent in a slave society. I still think slave armies should be remade for realism to reflect, well, slaves.. but if slave rebellions are of such a magnitude I think the economic effect of slave holdings should probably be larger to reflect the significance they had in ancient societies...

Im always very reluctant to take too many slaves because of this. Never get anything worthwhile out of slaves.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Guys

I seem to keep getting a CTD when Odessyian rebels attack their original home city, doesn't matter if i move my stack out of the town or let them win. it still CTD's. Anyone getting this problem?

I am unable to continue my macedonian campaign due to this apparant bug.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-13_00002.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	494.7 KB 
ID:	308854
    Last edited by Marku; June 13, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Can you upload your save game? Any other mods used?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Edit - Damn , I've overwritten it by mistake. I'll start a new campaign and let you know if i get the CTD rebel bug again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Marku; June 14, 2014 at 02:07 AM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I'm thinking of maybe because of the newly added DLC which change the culture of these factions caused the CTD. However the next build will have the startpos build base on the latest DLC. As of current testing it's save game compatible so it may be good to check if this is the issue. I'm not sure if there's any changes related to the specific units that cause the CTD (we change lots of stats but no newly units added whatsoever).

How I wish there's a -show_err command in Rome II.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Haha, I wish so, too. Scripting is hard when no errors exist, and stuff just cryptically doesn't work...
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

I opened a TWC just to comment on this lol
    So in short : your mod is gorgeous, I have played it for about two weeks and I enjoyed it far more than I have enjoyed any other Rome2 mod, you are indeed on the right tracks

BUT!
    the one issue that bugs most players(pun intended) is the moral, you just made it waayyyy too punishing - most units rout after no more than 5 seconds when being flanked (aren't roman legionnaires supposed to be disciplined? hold the line you know...) so by the time reinforcement gets there BAM every one already left and there is no one on your side I think its specifically the 'exposed flank' thing that makes most units in their lorica :S Its just an example like many others I have seen on your steam page(Yeah I've been watching ) so I say to you -fix this part and the biggest issue by far you have here is solved.

As I mentioned I really enjoyed the mod - really loved what you did with naval combat, the campaign is better than ever before, and the land battles have been seriously improved except for the morale :\

I hope you will read my comment and take it seriously, its just sad that the best overhaul mod for rome 2 has this issue in battles
    Anyway, good job guys! phenomenal work keep it going!

BTW if you need any help at all on this front, I'm eager to help with testing

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

One thing I can say is that moral will be much better with experience. To increase base moral will make later experience units immortal like. Of couse as this is a work in progress there will possibly be changes along the line.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    BTW if you need any help at all on this front, I'm eager to help with testing
    Mr. X, you could help and provide feedback if you join the R2TR Beta Battle League! We are a group of players who to take on the MP side of the mod to test for balance.

I also feel like routing might be a bit too frequent. I like the idea but whole intact units routing over nothing seems a bit much.
    There is an issue with defensive battles. When you are in your little fort that the units dont consider the wooden walls to be protecting them from flanking. So when there is someone on the other side of the wall they consider themselves flanked and route instantly even though they arent flanked. Whole pike phalanx units routing because there was a hastati unit on the other side of the wall isnt right.

BTW is there any way you can make civil wars disappear? not only it makes the campaign reaallly annoying, if we also talk about realism - how the hell did 50,000 men just spawned from my capital??? civil war might be a nice idea but it needs to be first removed and dealt with in the future...

4TPY for the Main Campaign, please!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDebate View Post
    4TPY for the Main Campaign, please!
    The main CCXVIII.BC campaign has been announced, and it will have a 4tpy format.

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dfeal View Post
    Too many slaves led to the impoverishment of the Roman working class ... this greatly aided the decline of Rome.

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

just some more feedback:

Phalanx seems to overpowered - the damage on pike seemes to high, also, they don't seem any more vulnerable from the side - attacking them from behind barely inflict any casualties on them. (silver shields and royal pikes especially, even if they are elits they shouldn't be this OPed)

Morale is still a bit broken, i find that increasing base morale to roughly 50 fixes most issued, but still. just a thought, why not make morale more resistance per unit, but make the casualties_sustained (for the army) a lot higher penalty, so instead of having single units routing almost constantly, it would make each unit stay longer, but the once an army has reached a certain total % dead, it [every unit] receives massive morale penalty?

except for that, it's great. naval combat especially.