Thread: Cultural Conversion

Default Cultural Conversion

Playing as the Suebi, took over Athens and Sparta, but the culture isn't converting towards Germanic. Hellenic influence is around 9. So how would I be able to start to convert Athens and Sparta? Currently I built a temple of Teiwaz in Athens, do I have to take over the entire province in order to start converting the culture?

Darth Red's Avatar It's treason, then

Default Re: Cultural Conversion

Well, I'll assume you already destroyed or finished converting all buildings out of Hellenistic culture? You also don't have any "likes Greeks" generals in the province proving +2/4 Hellenistic culture right under your nose?

There is only one other province and I doubt they have 2 temples of Zeus so you should be gaining Germanic culture soon, you may need one more temple in Sparta though to offset their culture influence per turn else you may be stuck on stagnant (no loss no gain, just an offset). But no, you don't need a whole province to gain culture, you just have to be pumping out more culture on your buildings and characters than the other factions in the province.
    Officially Bottled Awesome™ by Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Red View Post
    Well, I'll assume you already destroyed or finished converting all buildings out of Hellenistic culture? You also don't have any "likes Greeks" generals in the province proving +2/4 Hellenistic culture right under your nose?

There is only one other province and I doubt they have 2 temples of Zeus so you should be gaining Germanic culture soon, you may need one more temple in Sparta though to offset their culture influence per turn else you may be stuck on stagnant (no loss no gain, just an offset). But no, you don't need a whole province to gain culture, you just have to be pumping out more culture on your buildings and characters than the other factions in the province.
    Come to think of it, I do think there is a general in Athens that has the 'like successors' state. A bunch of my generals are gaining that specific trait for some reason, but maybe its because I'm allied with Macedon. When I took over Athens and Sparta, I chose to raid (or whatever the middle option is called), then immediately attack again and raze the entire settlement. Its been a few turns now and I'm just getting tired of having to deal with constant rebellions.

I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Come to think of it, I do think there is a general in Athens that has the 'like successors' state. A bunch of my generals are gaining that specific trait for some reason, but maybe its because I'm allied with Macedon. When I took over Athens and Sparta, I chose to raid (or whatever the middle option is called), then immediately attack again and raze the entire settlement. Its been a few turns now and I'm just getting tired of having to deal with constant rebellions.

I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.
    Raze it from the get go and you'll find it much easier and faster to convert the populas

Quote Originally Posted by doyce7 View Post
    Raze it from the get go and you'll find it much easier and faster to convert the populas
    Its what I did, but right now conversion is at 0.0 for Germanic culture, close to 10 turns post conquest.

Send in whatever is the Suebi equivalent of a dignitary is.