Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

obvious rubbish, Arsene doesn't do transfers in the WC, its unfair to distract the players from such an event.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

According to the Metro, Arsenal will make a £17million bid for Napoli's Lorenzo Insigne, should he impress at the World Cup.

Umm, should he impress at the world cup! £17m won't even get you his boot laces..
    Real want buy back clause in any deal for Morata or £25m up front - Wenger is said to have spoken to Zidane in person. Might as well forget that one then.

oo oo, wait - Breaking news. Arsenal make first summer signing - 17 year old (Greek) Left back - Elias Chatzitheodoridis... !!

Fit that on the back of a shirt...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; June 06, 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    L’Equipe | Samuel Eto'o is keen on a move to Arsenal, as Arsene Wenger looks for a striker in the window.
    We all know Wenger never buys any good players.

No, thinking of it… Real Madrid, with Özil, Higuaín and Cristiano Ronaldo, couldn't even win the cup last season. Out goes Mourinho, and each of those three win one different Cup. Strange, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    oo oo, wait - Breaking news. Arsenal make first summer signing - 17 year old (Greek) Left back - Elias Chatzitheodoridis... !!

Χατζιθεοδωριδης, I think it is. Still too long, even in Greek. Might have to do a two-level text.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

What's so difficult with Elias?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Blog Entries

It wouldn't have made my funny funny.. !

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

He's not a Spaniard or an Icelander, so there's no need to use first names.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    He's not a Spaniard or an Icelander, so there's no need to use first names.
    Yeah, because Spanish names are so hard to pronounce or so long. What's Arsenal's keeper's name again?

BTW, Arsenal really need to up their fitness levels. It doesn't matter if you've got the best midfield in the EPL if two thirds are in the stands recovering from various injuries.
    Last edited by torongill; June 09, 2014 at 03:50 AM.
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."

Blog Entries

They say football makes strange bedfellows.

Could there be any stranger than Wenger and Balotelli!

He's big/strong has some pace and can score goals (Balotelli not Wenger). However, in games against Arsenal he was largely anonymous, and for me, the problems he brings in regards to dressing room upset and off the pitch antics just seem far from Wenger’s usual type of player. I just can’t fathom this one at all, but the story seems to be gathering pace. There’s a lot of speculation for a treble swoop, Balotelli, Remy and Vela which would make a lot of sense in terms of numbers, but even if he got all three I’m not sure if the ‘quality’ Wenger harps on about is really there.

Bare in mind.

Vela £3.5m
    Remy £8m
    Balotelli £20m

Which puts a fair but not huge dent in Wenger's (alleged) £100m transfer fund. Which could still see him pick up a DFM/RB/GK for under £30m and leave pleanty to sign a marquee player like Fab...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; June 09, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

They say football makes strange bedfellows.

Could there be any stranger than Wenger and Balotelli!

He's big/strong has some pace and can score goals (Balotelli not Wenger). However, in games against Arsenal he was largely anonymous, and for me, the problems he brings in regards to dressing room upset and off the pitch antics just seem far from Wenger’s usual type of player. I just can’t fathom this one at all, but the story seems to be gathering pace. There’s a lot of speculation for a treble swoop, Balotelli, Remy and Vela which would make a lot of sense in terms of numbers, but even if he got all three I’m not sure if the ‘quality’ Wenger harps on about is really there.

Bare in mind.

Vela £3.5m
    Remy £8m
    Balotelli £20m

Which puts a fair but not huge dent in Wenger's (alleged) £100m transfer fund. Which could still see him pick up a DF/RB/GK for under £30m and leave pleanty to sign a marquee player like Fab...
    I havee read that fabregas is very close to chelsea

By the way i know chatzitheodoridis personally ,he is a great guy that has worked hard . Wish him good luck

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

According to Goal, Wenger passed up on the opportunity to re-sign Fabregas.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Blog Entries

There's really no words to describe what it would feel like to see Cesc in a Chelsea shirt but Wenger has the chance to take him back and it looks like he's going to pass. I can't think of a single good reason to allow a world class player go to one of your biggest rivals when you have the option to stop that from happening, and it's not like Fab is just any player. He's a former captain, came through the youth team and claims he has Arsenal in his DNA. Yeh he orchestrated his move to Barca but his reasons for doing that were very personal. I'd let Rosicky/Arteta/Cazorla go before missing the chance to re-sign Cesc. £27m for a player of his quality at the peak of his career, it should be a no brainer.

If, and it's by no means certain, Cesc goes to Chelsea, Wenger had better pull out some major signings this summer.

I totally agree with you halie satanus . Fabregas is a great player . Chelsea will become too strong .

On another note kaka will probably return to sao paolo

There's really no words to describe what it would feel like to see Cesc in a Chelsea shirt but Wenger has the chance to take him back and it looks like he's going to pass. I can't think of a single good reason to allow a world class player go to one of your biggest rivals when you have the option to stop that from happening, and it's not like Fab is just any player. He's a former captain, came through the youth team and claims he has Arsenal in his DNA. Yeh he orchestrated his move to Barca but his reasons for doing that were very personal. I'd let Rosicky/Arteta/Cazorla go before missing the chance to re-sign Cesc. £27m for a player of his quality at the peak of his career, it should be a no brainer.

If, and it's by no means certain, Cesc goes to Chelsea, Wenger had better pull out some major signings this summer.
    Fabregas is going, there's no doubt about it, and it's understandable. He will be getting much more money than in Barcelona(where he was paying Arsenal one million euro each year from his salary), will be appreciated, unlike in Barcelona, where for my greatest shame he has been whistled, despite finishing the season with more goals and assists than Xavi and Iniesta together, and Chelsea will be playing more to his liking, with speed and space. Personally I am sad to see him go, but apparently he also has personal reasons to return to England. But he's definitely going: his gf and Messi's Antonella are exchanging messages how much they're going to miss one another.

I wish him best of luck and except for games against Barcelona may he reach the top - again.
    Last edited by torongill; June 09, 2014 at 04:19 PM.
    What's EB?

spy of the council

Wenger has to be back to his old "short arms, deep pockets" mentality if he can't see why he should get Fab back, back to showing a lack of ambition - he could fit him in, instead if he signs for Chelsea strengthens them way too much - like they needed the help. Almost worse than if he signed for the Spuds

Looks like we really want to sign Cesc. He is amazing player at his peak, so I guess it wouldn't hurt us,but do we really need any more MFs. Maybe Mou is planing to sell Oscar(who has been increadibly since November) or some other MFS.

Blog Entries

Any other club, ANY other club.

As I said previously, Wenger had better pull some major talent in this summer or he's going to look a prize...............

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I really hope it isn't true. Would be awesome seeing Arsenal fielding Özil, Fabregas and Ramsey as a midfield trio. Could probably do enough flat-track bullying to win the league .

Wow it wasn't rumor after all! Amazing signing.

spy of the council

They showed him in that shirt on the news, unbelievable. I have no idea what else to say.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I wonder how long the supporters will tolerate Wenger's policies. 10 years without a premiership title, sells the club's talent on the first bid and he lets the ing former captain sign with Chelsea. If I lived in London I'd be outside the stadium protesting.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!