Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    Palpatino Perez is President for Life. The changes in the statutes make it impossible for anybody else to even become a candidate.
    Yes, well he is the monarch.
    Quote Originally Posted by torongill
    I suppose what Petrucci may be looking for is "ultras", organized supporter associations like the Brazilian torcidas or the Barra Brava of Latin America.
    No, no, no. I'm not sure about the torcidas, but the barrabravas are simply organised petty crime families who show up at games and hire themselves out as bodyguards/enforcers for politicians and drug lords. They used to be like European ultras, but that era is long gone.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Not exactly guys, it's activity not organization. There is word in Serbian for it called navijanje ,but I never encountered anything similar in English.

At more than £20m (heck, Soton are demanding £30m some are reporting), I think we should look at players other than Lallana. Would he improve us? Yes. Do I rate him highly? Yes. Could we spend £25-£30m better elsewhere? Absolutely. Though obviously they're very different players, when you hit £30m you're wanting absolute world class quality - Someone like Javi Martinez.

Onto a deal that appears closer...

KirkCaLL (@KirkCaLL)
    5/28/14, 2:17 PM
    @LFCZA Can is a former Bayern player that struggled in the beginning of the season getting into the 11 of Leverkusen.He improved... 1/2

KirkCaLL (@KirkCaLL)
    5/28/14, 2:20 PM
    @LFCZA during the season and became a regular starter at the end. His strenghts are the organisation as well as deadly passes. 2/3

KirkCaLL (@KirkCaLL)
    5/28/14, 2:21 PM
    @LFCZA he can play as a cm or even a winger. So he's very flexible in terms of playing in midfield. hope i could help u 3/3

Any liverpool fans happy with Can for ~£10m? Can't say I've seen too much of him other than some youtube compilations!
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

BENDTNER TO HULL CITY - As if turning them over in the FA cup wasn't bad enough, todays BIG transfer rumour is Arsenal off loading superstar (in his own words) strike machine Bendtner to the Tigers. Steve Bruce is said to have drowned a bag of puppies in a former life and karma is set to come calling...

Yaya rocks City with statement that 'it would be an honour to play for PSG.' This comes just after his 'I would like to finish my career at Barca' and the 'Whaaaaa it's my birthday, where's my ******** card/cake/present.'

Spuds to make a move for Lallana now that Poschectecttino is at the helm (is that three managers in a year?) - £25m. No ambition that lad..

Remy claims he wants CL (rules out the Toon and Spuds) football and sees the World cup as a 'showcase' to seek a new club.

Chelsea make 'enquiries' about 'Luke Shaw' as talks of a move to Utd stall.

Real president Florentino Perez claims Aguero will not be appearing at the Santiago Bernabeau in the next campaign. I guess you wouldn't spend £80+m on a player who might get injured during the world cup. However, if that is true, I imagine Liverpool fans should start bracing themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Not exactly guys, it's activity not organization. There is word in Serbian for it called navijanje ,but I never encountered anything similar in English.
    Navijanje… You won't get a one-word translation (and there's no reason why you should with any given word), but it's something like being a diehard fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    BENDTNER TO HULL CITY - As if turning them over in the FA cup wasn't bad enough, todays BIG transfer rumour is Arsenal off loading superstar (in his own words) strike machine Bendtner to the Tigers. Steve Bruce is said to have drowned a bag of puppies in a former life and karma is set to come calling...
    Hey, he scored at the Camp Nou not so long ago. Maybe Wenger is a bit vindictive and wants to make them pay for making him suffer with those two early goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus
    Spuds to make a move for Lallana now that Poschectecttino is at the helm (is that three managers in a year?) - £25m. No ambition that lad..
    Really, Spuds could've won the Europa League at a canter if they'd just bothered. Or either of the English cups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus
    Real president Florentino Perez claims Aguero will not be appearing at the Santiago Bernabeau in the next campaign. I guess you wouldn't spend £80+m on a player who might get injured during the world cup. However, if that is true, I imagine Liverpool fans should start bracing themselves..
    Why? They don't have an English manager, so there's no chance of them actually winning the title in England.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Navijanje… You won't get a one-word translation (and there's no reason why you should with any given word), but it's something like being a diehard fan.
    Navijac is fan on Serbian, and his activity is called navijanje. But there isn't word for that activity in English. Faning doesn't mean anything and fanning means something totally different.

Tiago in Chelsea as free player.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...idfielder.html

Blog Entries

Fanatic. Probably the closest..

Fanatic is noun , I need verb.

Latest LFC rumours:

- Can deal just being held up by the player's wage demands (from the liverpool echo, so very reliable)

- Marca reporting a deal for left back Moreno is close with Liverpool offering 20m euros + suso to pry him away. I'd love this to be true, but only if the Suso involvement is a loan - I have high hopes for the lad still and it would be a shame to see him go permanently.

Also, why am I looking at rumours at gone 1am when it's only May, and my Uni exams haven't finished yet?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post

Also, why am I looking at rumours at gone 1am when it's only May, and my Uni exams haven't finished yet?
    'navijanje'

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Fabianski gone to Swansea. Rumour is that Vom will go to Liverpool but that has been rumoured for an while, can' t see Fab moving to a team without Champions League to play second fiddle all over again.

Blog Entries

He proved himself in the cup, sorry to see him go..

Halie you are not helping is there word in English for this or not?

Blog Entries

I don't think we have a word that fits what you're saying.

A fanatic - fanaticism.. A 'football fanatic' has it's own connotations which largely would go unsaid but everyone knows what you mean, depending on context..

spy of the council

This looks like a remake of the three stooges...

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Rickie Lambert to Liverpool for 4 million pounds plus add ons?

I am not sure on if this is madness or if it is a sensible purchase of a back up striker who also can help mentoring younger talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    'navijanje'
    Haha very true

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Rickie Lambert to Liverpool for 4 million pounds plus add ons?

I am not sure on if this is madness or if it is a sensible purchase of a back up striker who also can help mentoring younger talent.
    I like it! £4m really isn't a lot of money for a decent player and we've been in need of a back up striker who can be called upon off the bench, but also not complain about lack of game time with Suarez/Sturridge ahead of them.
    My specs:

spy of the council

I think it is madness on his behalf, the fee seems low for someone who is about to go to the World Cup. Lifelong Liverpool fan so I think it is heart ruling here, he could have stayed and got more games, maybe a chance at CL? Early contender for Southampton going down, lost manager and half their 1st team the rate they are going.

Maybe, they get Lambert because Saurez is off.... :

Arsene signs for another 3 year contract

Navijac is fan on Serbian, and his activity is called navijanje. But there isn't word for that activity in English. Faning doesn't mean anything and fanning means something totally different.
    Fanatic is noun , I need verb.
    Halie you are not helping is there word in English for this or not?
    Aarrgh. For the last time, just because there is one verb in one langauge doesn't mean that there has to be an exact equivalent in another language. A large number of verbs in the English language have their meaning completed by prepositions, adjectives or nouns, so 'being a diehard/recalcitrant fan' is the closest you can get.
    СИНДИКАТ!

No it isn't. Navijati is verb ffs and diehard fan is adjective + noun. The subjective feeling of affiliation with the club is important,not intensity of the action.