Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

The idiotic notions about football being a 'man's game' are what is causing so many injuries among technically gifted players in the English leagues.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Though let's be honest, Barcelona's youth system is the top of the top with few equals in the world. No wonders he wants to go there.

As for injuries, the Premier League is quite more physical than La Liga. A lot actually. Italy is another country where players get injured way more than other places, unsurprisingly.
    My point is, he had gone from Celta Vigo to Manchester City. That's supposed to be a big change of level and know-how, but apparently it wasn't all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

I honestly wouldn't expect Man City to have developed a great youth system by now though, it takes decades. I'm not surprised he's disappointed.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

They have the best facilities in the country and their youth setup get better every year from what I hear.

Hmm, they sign superb young talents from everywhere but noone makes it to the first team. It doesn't really go well with their team philosophy.

I think it's pressure from the boss. You could see them playing full teams even against league 1 teams in the league cup.

Moreno officially signed and sealed for £12m then, cracking bit of business that.

I imagine that's all our business done now, apart from a potential backup GK (that Argentine GK [his name slips my mind, Romero?] seems to be the rumoured one), and the elusive "world class striker". Club interested in Falcao if he doesn't go to Real, I'd be in dream world if we pulled off that coup, watch this space for now.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Adrien Rabiot - Done deal? Apparently PSG have accepted a £5.5m bid. He 19/French/Cheap - ticks all of Wenger's usual criteria. Even at 19 looks imposing. Lots of comparisons with Fellani though from what I've seen he looks a bit more deep lying.. Maybe he's the player Wenger has in mind for DM? Otherwise I can't see him getting many games.

Kostas Manolas - Done deal? Apparently he's heading to Le Arse for a medical ahead of a move between £8-10m. The beast from Greece looks like a perfect replacement for Vermaelen. Not sure if he'll come to us as 3rd even 4th choice (behind Chambers).

Blog Entries

Liverpool make £17.5m bid for Balotelli.

Chavs to move for William Carvalho...

Song to Arsenal/Spuds/Toffes/Manyoo on loan...

It must be whacky Wednesday.

Milan website confirmed they are talking with Liverpool. Seems pretty much a done deal right now. I have mixed feelings about this.

£16m is the figure being banded about now, fee agreed, Balotelli has told reporters today is his last day in Milan and he's off to Liverpool...

Gamble, but a very cheap gamble considering potential resale value even if it goes horribly wrong. Undoubtedly a hugely talented player, will see how this goes.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

What's Balotellis motivation for leaving Milan? I thought he was a Milan fan and got a huge role in the team.

20 million pounds ffs what are Milan doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    What's Balotellis motivation for leaving Milan? I thought he was a Milan fan and got a huge role in the team.
    Everybody hates him and the press doesn't leave him alone.
    Tbh it'll be the same in the UK as it was at Man City. He's surrounded by the wrong people and he's not very smart himself. Wasted talent.

Nah it's because Milan are poor as and they want to raise some money.

That's true but that's Milan's motivation, not his.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Probably Balotelli wants to get back in with the English press.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

I can't wait till he burns down his house, again.

Blog Entries

He's big, strong and has 'something.' Though his goal scoring record is pretty poor.

.......................................App....Goals..
    2010–2013 Manchester City 54 (20)
    2013–2014 Milan 43 (26)

As part of a three with Sturridge and Sterling he should do well, he could also be a flop and a disaster..

App-goals doesn't mean tbh. You can play 5 minutes and that counts as a game played. It's a cheap statistic but fairly worthless. Mins per goal is way more reliable. (not that applies to Balotelli anyways).

He'll do good as long as he's happy. Then random stuff will start, he'll get demoralized etc. Typical person overhyped by the media and then brought down by the very same.