Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Pretty sure Reus said way back at the start of the window that he wasn't going to move anywhere this summer.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post

Isn't Van Gaal implementing his 3-5-2 that he used during the WC in Manchester? I heared that was his intention.

That style of play didn't need posession
    It's not only about possession. It is about the complete lack of defensive shape and a reliable deep lying playmaker who can move the ball and is mobile enough to protect the defense. They got no experienced wing backs and the back 3 will consist of 2/3 guys who've never managed to establish themselves in the first team and a guy from the portugese league.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    It's not only about possession. It is about the complete lack of defensive shape and a reliable deep lying playmaker who can move the ball and is mobile enough to protect the defense. They got no experienced wing backs and the back 3 will consist of 2/3 guys who've never managed to establish themselves in the first team and a guy from the portugese league.
    You mean Rojo, the guy that reached World cup final with Argentina, with regular and solid performances? Its probably the best defender United has at the moment.

Blog Entries

Can't actually play for Utd at present..

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    You mean Rojo, the guy that reached World cup final with Argentina, with regular and solid performances? Its probably the best defender United has at the moment.
    Tbh the world cup can mean something but at the same time it can be a huge false flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Tbh the world cup can mean something but at the same time it can be a huge false flag.
    True, but i seen him play for a while. He is not a bad player.
    Can't actually play for Utd at present..
    Im not denying United has alot of issues, in fact for a team like united to have its best defender be Rojo, well that says alot. Im just pointing out in theory Rojo is probably their best defender at the moment.
    Even with him playing, the problems in the defence wont go way thats for sure.

Blog Entries

I meant he can't play, there's a problem with his visa because of some issue with who actually holds his registration.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Is there an FA regulation against 3rd party-owned players? Thought it was implemented after the Mascherano/Tevez debacle.

The big 3 in Portugal exploit this model and, iirc, Sporting only "owned" 45% of him.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Btw Di Maria is apparently raping Germany. 0-4 so far in Dusseldorf.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Pretty sure Reus said way back at the start of the window that he wasn't going to move anywhere this summer.
    yup, pretty sad that the media still couldn't let it go for a while. They will come up with anything as long as it generates clicks.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    True, but i seen him play for a while. He is not a bad player.

Im not denying United has alot of issues, in fact for a team like united to have its best defender be Rojo, well that says alot. Im just pointing out in theory Rojo is probably their best defender at the moment.
    Even with him playing, the problems in the defence wont go way thats for sure.
    I will not be surprised if he is their best defender. The problem is that having him as the best defender will not be sufficient for a team trying to dominate in the Premier league.

Didn't Man Utd get Blind? He's rather good...

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Is he a LB? In that case, yes they did get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I will not be surprised if he is their best defender. The problem is that having him as the best defender will not be sufficient for a team trying to dominate in the Premier league.
    Of course.
    yeah they did.

Is he a LB? In that case, yes they did get him.
    Defensive midfield, as he played in the World cup. But yeah he plays Left back too.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

He's a DM.

Very interesting article regarding the weird summer transfer window, by the peerless Jonathan Wilson.

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futb...z-thiago-silva
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Priceless reaction after OM's owners try to pull off shenanigans and Bielsa turns on the fan:

The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Is that the Marseille press officer face-palming? Bielsa's press conferences are like his tactics - brillant, yet (sometimes annoyingly) quixotic. Developed his fundamental "I'll talk to anyone for the same time"-attitude after his stint with CF América, didn't he?

TBF to Labrune, barely any manager has the last/biggest vote for transfers.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; September 05, 2014 at 01:56 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Read the epigraph: La respònsable presse de l'OM est dépitée.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Blog Entries

January, sick and tired, you've been hanging on me
    You make me sad with your eyes
    You're telling me lies
    Don't go, don't go................

So Cavani trying to force a move to Le Arse. Can he play DM or will we settle for a 16 year old Polish kid who's name I can't recall. Kris something.. Or will we pries Cabaye (grass not so green hmm) from PSG.. Or Moussa Sissoko! what is it with Wenger and the Toons midfield...

Liverpool in for Jackson Martinez - What's wrong with Balotelli?

Chelski in for Reus!

Pogba to City.

And here we go again..