German Buildings
    Greek Buildings
    Roman Buildings
    Parthian Buildings
    Seleucid Buildings

General Buildings

Notes: (please read)

- All barbarian buildings are the same.
    - Not all buildings are listed here... the temples are still unlisted.
    - Descriptions of each building found only in Seleucids and Egyptians.
    - The buildings are set in step-by-step of development form. For example, for walls, the wooden palisades are the simplest forms of walls that one can build while epic stone walls are the most complex.

You can thank sunsmountain for all of this.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Where are the roman buildings?

sorry about that. edited it.

Member of S.I.N.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

Thanks

Shouldn't the Gauls be able to build stone walls? - guess thats the first thing I'll need to try to mod
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Ha, the Guals I guess will be like Starcraft's Zerg :p

Ahhhh... so much work... I added a subsection for all of the units as well so that they are separated into:

Infantry

Cavalry

Siege and Others or Miscellaneous

I think I'm gonna do the same thing for the buildings by separating them into:

Civic Buildings

and

Military Buildings

Member of S.I.N.

daver_

this is a dumb quesion but ill ask it anyway because i was told you cant build buildings in this game ... is this true and they come premade or something or is it like other RTS's where u build a base with peasants and workers and stuff?

Originally posted by daver_@Sep 13 2004, 12:09 PM
    this is a dumb quesion but ill ask it anyway because i was told you cant build buildings in this game ... is this true and they come premade or something or is it like other RTS's where u build a base with peasants and workers and stuff?
    Hey,

You don't build your buildings during a battle like a conventional RTS. It is done on the campaign map between battles like you would in Civilisation.

Just think of the game in two seperate bits. The 1st being a map of Europe and the middle east where you move your armies and train troops/build buildings and conduct diplomacy in turns. The second part is the real time battle scenes where two armies clash.

Welcome to the forums.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

ahh, ok, i'll answer before someone comes along and flames you god rest your soul *pope*

first, your question would have been suited here - Newb Alley

But to answer your question, there is both a strategic and tactical mode in the game. Strategic is where you move armies, diplomats, spies etc and do city maintenance, upgrades, unit building. You don't get to see little peons or whatever building stuff because a turn is 6 months but you do however have to build buildings before you can train better units, get better city defences or expand your city.
    The tactical phase is for battles only. no base building, no clickfest, it is not like all the other game engines that are just Age of _____/C&C remakes. Buildings will appear on the map if you are near cities and only if they have been built previously in the strategic phase.
    There's heaps more, but i suggest you read around a bit and dl a few screenshots and vids to see it for yourself before you ask any more questions like this. Lucky you aren't at the .com, they would fry you in your own juices.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Civitate
    North-Holland, 1 of the 12 provinces in The Netherlands

- Not all buildings are listed here... the temples are still unlisted.
    - Descriptions of each building found only in Seleucids and Egyptians.
    Yes, my intention was first and foremost to get a good overview of the "Tech Tree" in Rome Total War, and I think I succeeded. The level for each builing was mostly based on the German Gamestar Video, and so I combined two sets of data into one.

This can then be expanded with descriptions and temples, but i didn't want to spoil the game too much, and i spent a few hours of work on it already. Let others finish it, if they so wish. I'm pleased with this.
    "in montem soli non loquitur" basically means that you should not argue against what is obvious.

(> <) (\_/) Haha, die little bunny, die!
    (_)(_)(x.X) No soup for you!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

Am I the only one who thinks there are less buildings in RTW than in MTW ?

Civitate
    North-Holland, 1 of the 12 provinces in The Netherlands

Well lets see, if we compare the best of both, the Romans & the Catholics, it should be pretty fair. As long as you don&#39;t bring up the barbarians...

Lose:

- spear, swords, town, -8
    - bow, siege, -4
    - tavern, brothel -2 (not expansion)
    - metal, armour -5
    - ports, -2
    - inns, -1
    - guns, -4
    - cannon, -3

total: -29

Win:

- water, +4 (max, average is 2)
    - roads, +3 (more or less average)
    - amphitheatre (happy, all have this) +3
    - temples, +7 (3 gods, 4 buildings each, compared to church, monast, reliq, cath, chapter. remember muslim have 3, compensating water above)
    - traders, +1 (level 5)
    - farms, +1 (level 5)

government cancels castle + royal buildings
    walls cancel castle + upgrades

even then,

total: +19

yep you lost 10. They&#39;re roughly the same size total though. And you&#39;re getting 3/4 new options, while only really losing two old ones: guns & cannons. Provinces will be easier to specialize, manage, and build up. You will have more things to worry about, and more than one way to solve a problem.

Tackling public order for example. In Medieval, you were pretty much forced to build religious buildings, town watch, tavern, brothel, to get the happiness bonusses. Especially in provinces like Scotland, Norway, Portugal, etc. In Rome, you can specialize while focusing on other things (growth, war, money) at the same time.

All in all i agree wholeheartedly with CA&#39;s decisions. Why do i need 3 different buildings in my infantry province? I just wanted infantry. This will also make the opponent better on the AI map, as they have less military buildings to waste their time on (though I am sure the campaign AI will try).
    "in montem soli non loquitur" basically means that you should not argue against what is obvious.

(> <) (\_/) Haha, die little bunny, die!
    (_)(_)(x.X) No soup for you!

becoming is for people who do not will to be

Reapers Shadow

one guy is saying you can like zoom in and actualy see like citizens fist fightin and units being trained is this true?
    *NTW* :w00t:

Well you can see the city but I don&#39;t think that it will be that advanced. More like seeing the building and such.
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"