Thread: physical fitness

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Default physical fitness

i hope this is an aproprate place to put this, if not move it as you wish!

basicaly i need to builk out, im 6,1 but only 10 stone 3 pounds! i need to get a bit more mass to me, im signing up to a gym torrmorrow and starting weight trainning but im looking for tips on what foods i can eat to build my mass, i know i need protien etc but im not sure what foods are best and those magical protien food bars cost alot!!

also note im at that age still wear i can eat like a pig and not put a pound on so burgers is not a valid ansewer

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: physical fitness

also note im at that age still wear i can eat like a pig and not put a pound on so burgers is not a valid ansewer
    That is an age now? I've been able to do that all my life.

Do you have any physical education teachers at your school? I would think they are the best source assuming that they teach you about it at school, as they do at mine.

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

basicaly i need to builk out, im 6,1 but only 10 stone 3 pounds! i need to get a bit more mass to me, im signing up to a gym torrmorrow and starting weight trainning but im looking for tips on what foods i can eat to build my mass, i know i need protien etc but im not sure what foods are best and those magical protien food bars cost alot!!
    Just check the food you're buying. Tuna got loads of protein, you can mix that with pasta, vegetables or whatever you need. Chicken (without the skin) is another classic.

Pastas contain a lot of proteins. I think eating a bowl of pastas everyday could work, but I'm no expert.
    I sin for the good of humankind
    "I praise, I do not reproach, [nihilism's] arrival. I believe it is one of the greatest crises, a moment of the deepest self-reflection of humanity. Whether man recovers from it, whether he becomes master of this crisis, is a question of his strength."
    -Nietzsche
    Truth is not a law, a democracy, a book or a norm not even a constitution. Nor can it be read in the stars.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris
    Pastas contain a lot of proteins. I think eating a bowl of pastas everyday could work, but I'm no expert.
    I imagine that would also make you immensely sick and tired of pasta within a week's time.

Definetly stop drinking sodas, stick to milk or water.
    Also running doesnt make you lose muscle, so dont skimp on the cardiovascular workouts.

The only thing else I can say is that muscle doesnt come immediatly, so if your unimpressed over a weeks worth of workouts or you dont think your improving your max, dont worry. Just stick at it.

"It's best to shut your mouth and let everyone think you're ignorant, then to open your mouth and prove it."

eat beef then pump some iron
    the 101st has no history. but it has a rendevous with destiny

running can help, get ankle weights and run up hills in sprints, no jogs, that builds up serious muscle, swimming, for big bulk pick up big weights, but dont try to hard at the start you might hurt yourself

Im training for army and its intense

Ulf's Avatar Ordinarius

If muscle is all you want, eat a lot of protein, vegetables, and drink only water. Work out every other day. Please oh please for the fear of god and all that is holy, don't work out every day! There are only a select few muscles that can heal faster than 24 hours (the abs being one)
    If however, you're looking for more physical fitness than just muscles (muscles does not equal in shape) Get a decent road bike, eat a whole lot of carbs and have at it.
    Thank you for reading this assuredly fantastic post.

cheers guys, i have done weight trainning before i know what im doing when it comes to resting one day etc. runnings out of the question still recovering from a knee injury.

but i didnt know chicken had protien in it, thanks for that

Decemvir's Avatar vox veritas vita

I would suggest that you don't eat a lot of protein until you have been working out for a least a month. After working out for a month (consistently) you'll probably stick with it because it has become a habit for you. So many people start out gung-ho on their exercise programs and then quit after a couple of weeks. Stick with it and remember that you are making a life-style change that you should continue for the rest of your life.
    Also, as other posters have pointed out, don't worry if you don't see results after a month of lifting. Give yourself about three months to see some, possibly, dramatic improvements in your strenght and appearance.
    Under the Patronage of Soren

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

You want muscle? Eat a lot and lift hard. Meat is the best source of protein and protein is absolutely essential for muscle gain. Stuff like chicken breast, tuna, and steak along with fat free milk and other wholesome dairy products. Also, veggies are key to cleanse your body so that they make you feel full so you don't eat junk. Three liters of water a day is a must as well if you're going to up your protein intake.

http://www.bodybuilding.com can help you with anything else.

Also, pasta has very minimal protein in it, it's mainly a carbohydrate filled starchy food. I don't know what that person was thinking when they wrote that.
    Last edited by ShangTang; October 17, 2006 at 12:24 AM.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTang
    You want muscle? Eat a lot and lift hard. Meat is the best source of protein and protein is absolutely essential for muscle gain. Stuff like chicken breast, tuna, and steak along with fat free milk and other wholesome dairy products. Also, veggies are key to cleanse your body so that they make you feel full so you don't eat junk. Three liters of water a day is a must as well if you're going to up your protein intake.

http://www.bodybuilding.com can help you with anything else.

Also, pasta has very minimal protein in it, it's mainly a carbohydrate filled starchy food. I don't know what that person was thinking when they wrote that.

if i could rep you i would, very informative thanks