Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Destiny - Bungie

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Destiny - Bungie

Yet another cash grab from how it looks. I feel like an old crotchety man lately!
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

How did they manage to spend $500 million on this, I mean really, I'm betting someone pocketed most of it, as I can't see anything while playing that would actually be worth that amount of money, so far the story is abysmal and I have no idea what is going on

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Raradir View Post
    How did they manage to spend $500 million on this, I mean really, I'm betting someone pocketed most of it, as I can't see anything while playing that would actually be worth that amount of money, so far the story is abysmal and I have no idea what is going on
    I have so far no idea what they are doing which are so far new from just the normal Halo game??????

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Advertising be spensive.

Comes Domesticorum

My guess is that there's a lot of unreleased content which was probably developed at the same time so it can be released in DLC.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

The devs said that the $500 million budget is not even close to what it actually cost to make. I have no idea where people got that figure from.

“For marketing you’d have to ask Activision people, but for development costs, not anything close to $500 million. I think that speaks a lot more to the long-term investment that we’re making in the future of the product.”
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    My guess is that there's a lot of unreleased content which was probably developed at the same time so it can be released in DLC.
    Correctermondo!

My conclusion is that Destiny is descent at best, and that it's a victim of it's own hype. I don't give a damn about unreleased content.

And wait by it's not even close to 500m when it comes to development, do they mean that there was way less money for development (which would actually make sense) and way more(WTF??).

Again I really don't understand how gaming budget's work I have seen so many "expensive" games being rather mediocre in every regard (how do you spend 200+m by making a game anyway???) and destiny is the ultimate proof of that.

It's really weird, because in movies it's often rather obvious how and where was the budget spent.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    My conclusion is that Destiny is descent at best, and that it's a victim of it's own hype. I don't give a damn about unreleased content.

And wait by it's not even close to 500m when it comes to development, do they mean that there was way less money for development (which would actually make sense) and way more(WTF??).

Again I really don't understand how gaming budget's work I have seen so many "expensive" games being rather mediocre in every regard (how do you spend 200+m by making a game anyway???) and destiny is the ultimate proof of that.

It's really weird, because in movies it's often rather obvious how and where was the budget spent.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des.../1100-6420802/

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I haven't read through this thread yet. I haven't played the full game yet (can't until I get an Xbox Live Gold card, and you know how money is in college.) However, the one big letdown for me is that they give everyone a starfighter, yet there's no space combat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post

Having expectations is a sure fire way to be disappointed. It's fun for what it is.

All your dreams and supposed accomplishments are a big joke. All just one big laugh.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I haven't read through this thread yet. I haven't played the full game yet (can't until I get an Xbox Live Gold card, and you know how money is in college.) However, the one big letdown for me is that they give everyone a starfighter, yet there's no space combat.
    You just have to wait for the Super Awesome Star Fighter Ship Combat DLCTM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sounds about right.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hate to doublepost, but anyone thought of making a TWC Destiny fireteam/clan thing?

I mean, I'm only a level 4 (just played it today) but it would be fun.

played for nearly 90h and i would call it "generic" as a compliment, it fails on every aspect (pvp is decent but really little to keep you on), DLC on disk, Story?? LMAO.... Speaker: I could tell you about the great battle, i could.........." but thats the game in nutshell....they could but they won't. Loot? from the getgo you know offer is small but you expect a working and fair loot system? tough luck mister what is story missions? alot of lore and epic missions, right? dream on sucker !! 22 go to, drop ghost and play horde mode for 5min and than repeat to the next 21 missions without any deviation to it......... "On destiny we've heavy focus on customization of your guardian" yeah you can until lvl 20 after you can't, because some idiot thought that gear "light"was the way to move on, so you're forced to use crappy looking gear or you wont lvl up.........

Strikes use same damn assets and 90% of the same story missions zones, rewards are......a joke. make marks caps at 100 and than sell weapons at 150 and because it already doesnt make sense you've to grind tiny bits or rep for 3 damn tiers on each freakin damn vendor, and than you find after 40h a nice weapon and you can't upgrade because some requirements aren't even avaliable on this game xD Now *voiced as the speaker* I COULD TELL ABOUT THE WHOLE MESS OF THIS GAME........BUT I WONT!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    played for nearly 90h and i would call it "generic" as a compliment, it fails on every aspect (pvp is decent but really little to keep you on), DLC on disk, Story?? LMAO.... Speaker: I could tell you about the great battle, i could.........." but thats the game in nutshell....they could but they won't. Loot? from the getgo you know offer is small but you expect a working and fair loot system? tough luck mister what is story missions? alot of lore and epic missions, right? dream on sucker !! 22 go to, drop ghost and play horde mode for 5min and than repeat to the next 21 missions without any deviation to it......... "On destiny we've heavy focus on customization of your guardian" yeah you can until lvl 20 after you can't, because some idiot thought that gear "light"was the way to move on, so you're forced to use crappy looking gear or you wont lvl up.........

Strikes use same damn assets and 90% of the same story missions zones, rewards are......a joke. make marks caps at 100 and than sell weapons at 150 and because it already doesnt make sense you've to grind tiny bits or rep for 3 damn tiers on each freakin damn vendor, and than you find after 40h a nice weapon and you can't upgrade because some requirements aren't even avaliable on this game xD Now *voiced as the speaker* I COULD TELL ABOUT THE WHOLE MESS OF THIS GAME........BUT I WONT!
    I only understood this "I COULD TELL ABOUT THE WHOLE MESS OF THIS GAME........BUT I WONT!".

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I only understood this "I COULD TELL ABOUT THE WHOLE MESS OF THIS GAME........BUT I WONT!".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENUEQ9Okt3k#t=72

i could tell you....... basicaly is Bungie trolling you, because you get nothing about what happened, what is going on, who is who, just nothing and than one of the few cutscenes it goes with "I could tell you....." but at the end on 2min cutscene it tells you nothing of nothing xD
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah, but it's an MMO. Runescape had no real storyline.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Did you guys read latest news about Destiny?. They put tons of dlcs inside the disc and a guy accidently discovered it via a bug. "Fans" super outraged about this but I wonder how much money they will squeeze from "fans" after.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Optimisticles View Post
    Having expectations is a sure fire way to be disappointed. It's fun for what it is.
    There's a difference between purposely hyping yourself to such a ridiculous extent that nothing will ever satisfy you, and simply having standards; otherwise, the entire genre of video games goes nowhere, and we might as well just be playing Pong still.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast