Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to transfer variant mesh definitions from Assembly Kit to PFM

Default Re: How to transfer variant mesh definitions from Assembly Kit to PFM

No, I don't. Does it matter if you don't have? I didn't know, I'll try again then
    And thanks for quick reply

Hey all, new to the forum (wewt) and modding, but I love the franchise and modding. The thing is, i'm no good at it. Yet... x) but I had a question. Instead of creating a brand-new unit to use and set it's stats and create a unit card for it, could I just create new general units from what already exist?

I have the all playable factions mod (kick ass mod, highly recommend) but some of the factions lack intimidating general units. Knossos and Rhodes for example, their 2 options of a general unit is the standard Hoplites, or the Citizen Cavalry. I would like to make the Hippeus Lancers available for Knossos and Rhodes, as well as perhaps making the Mercenary Veteran Hoplites available as a general unit, but having them just be called "Veteran Hoplites". Is this all possible? Because I do not want to create a brand new unit, just add in ones that are already in the game. Thanks in advance, and I hope everything made sense! xD

So I've renamed it and the unit has showed invisible except of commander...

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tholfend View Post
    So I've renamed it and the unit has showed invisible except of commander...
    Is the variant assigned to the unit in unit_variants_tables?

I've made whole mod from beggining and the unit shows invisible still, and with assigned to the unit in unit_variants_tables, you mean have the name in unit and name columns? If so, I have it... So what I am doing wrong?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

I've made whole mod from beggining and the unit shows invisible still, and with assigned to the unit in unit_variants_tables, you mean have the name in unit and name columns? If so, I have it... So what I am doing wrong?
    Where is the VMD located in your mod? Could you post a screenshot of your PFM?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

There's nothing there
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Oh, sorry you have to right click on it and then copy url of the picture

There is that screenshot, so what's wrong?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

You don't have a proper Variantmeshdefinition framework. Add a random vanilla one from models rome 2 and then add your VMD to it.

And then delete the random one?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yes that's right.

But when I delete the random added, variantmeshes and variantmeshdefinitions above just disappear with this deleted.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Ok, then don't delete it. So long as it's not assigned to a unit or changed then it won't have any impact on the game.

Can you describe me in detail how to add the variant step by step please? Because it isn't working still...

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

It's in the tutorial! Click add from pack, add a random mesh from modes rome 2 and then click add files and add your custom mesh.

I know it is in the tutorial but it isn't working, still the same...

Hi, I've just figured it out I've checked your other tutorial how to create units and some people had the same problem like me, so and there you said to one guy that there is a other way how to fix it = Copy the text of my variantmesh to to the variant added from models_rome2.pack
    And it works
    Thank you a lot Sebidee +rep

But I have another question for you. How can I give to my unit fear (everyone) ability like berserkers have?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Hi, I've just figured it out I've checked your other tutorial how to create units and some people had the same problem like me, so and there you said to one guy that there is a other way how to fix it = Copy the text of my variantmesh to to the variant added from models_rome2.pack
    And it works
    Thank you a lot Sebidee +rep

But I have another question for you. How can I give to my unit fear (everyone) ability like berserkers have?
    Yeah I was trying to ask my friend who had the same problem. I've never had it and can't recreate it so I don't know how to fix it.

Scare all is an attribute, I tell you how to make custom ones in this tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Unit-Creation

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast