Thread: HoI3 Getting unplayable

Default HoI3 Getting unplayable

I just played a campaign as the Netherlands. My strategy was to retreat to London and help the Allies by using special forces to capture valuable points across the map.

Denmark was Axis and I took everything but the Danish mainland, which the British took. This time, upon surrender, Denmark recieved all territory from both the UK and me.
    Next on our list was Italy, I took Tunis and Sardinia while the US/UK took the mainland. Upon surrender, Italy only recieved the territory the UK took, and I kept Sardinia and Tunis for myself. Why? I want Italy to remain itself, and certainly do not want Tunis and Sardinia!

Same in Japan. This time I orchestrated a glorious operation by my Dutch forces. We took all VP territories on the Japanese mainland (exept for Tokyo, the US took that) after which Japan surrendered to me. Out of nowhere, I annex the whole of Japan exept for Tokyo. I can release it as a puppet, but Tokyo will remain American. Same as parts of Indochina that were taken by the UK.

Why can only 1 country decide to Puppet or Liberate his part of the country?? 4 countries had parts of Japan, and when 1 country releases it, the others cannot. They will never be able to return it to Japan.
    And why didnt the same happen to Denmark?

My other issue is that, the Germany surrenders event didnt fire! We got Germany itself before any other Axis country, and the UK just annexed it whole (exept for the 4 regions i took). Now that WW2 is over, the western part of Germany is part of the UK and the eastern Part is part of the SU. When 1 releases Germany, the other can't.
    I cant find my germany surrender event, and think I have none.

Default Re: HoI3 Getting unplayable

There is no Germany surrender event (at least anymore). There was a East-West Germany before, but it got removed by time FTM was released.

e: That's just how the annexation of a country always go, with a country only receiving part of the slice. I guess you could in theory say it's to portray allied administration zones (kinda like the Allies did to West Germany) but if you don't mind cheating you can use changeowner/changecontroller commands to change around territorial owners.
    Last edited by Kamikaze470; May 06, 2014 at 08:32 AM.

I see, it seems so strange. Like in the case of Chechoslovakia where the SU and the UK both had a half. One of them decided to liberate, and then the other couldnt do anything with those territories.
    Every country should have the option to give regions to its rightful owner.

Does anyone have a list of region tags that is updated to TFH? I find the wiki and forum lists outdated, they miss a lot of regions.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

HOI3 has absolutely no support for post-war diplomacy. Nothing, zip, nada. It's purely a wargame, where you fight the war and start over once you win. You have to rely on mods if you want post-war border cleanup.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013