Thread: Steam thinks Napoleon is uninstalled!

Default Steam thinks Napoleon is uninstalled!

I installed Empire total war today and now steam thinks that Napoleon is not installed (I was playing it this morning). Napoleon is installed, it's still listed in control panel "programs and files". This frustrates the hell out of me. This is why I NEVER turn on steam and always play offline. I don't know if this is related but Empire will not run. When I click the exe file nothing happens. Please help.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Steam thinks Napoleon is uninstalled!

Is it listed in your Games in your Steam account?
    If so, have you tried verifying the game cache?

It is listed but it is marked as 'not installed', but I did not uninstall it. I can't verify the game cache. I really don't understand what happened.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Have you moved the Steam folder or the game folder for some reason?
    The reason I ask is I have my games including Steam on another drive. When I rerouted some of my cables in the case and reinstalled Windows, Windows "lost" the drive. I had Google a few old Win 95/98 commands and redo some drive letters in the icon shortcuts to get them back including Steam.

I didnt move the steam folder, I will try reinstalling today.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Perhaps you don't need to reinstall NTW since it's probably Steam who have lost the game library entry for NTW. Before you reinstall NTW have a look at the settings in Steam Client and click on download then look for the Steam Library folder.

If you have let say all your games installed under the Steam folder then look for how many games you have there, so if you have 3 games and only 2 is showing then perhaps a reinstallation is required.

Otherwise just add another Steam Library for NTW by browsing to the Napoleon.exe file and select it or if you already have NTW detected, but it's not showing NTW as installed then remove it and add NTW a second time. Doing that won't affect your game IIRC.

I had the same problem with Skyrim a while back and I even remove the entire game in which I later deeply regret.
    Last edited by Leonardo; May 12, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.