Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcement - Startpos download

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 17/05/2014 - Scotland playable)

i think ottoman had vienna at this time and can you make it so it only spain who has bases outiside europa becuase it histroric corret and make the natives and persia and mughal and chrimnate khanete playble and also try to nerf europa line infantry i still think that great britian and prussia steam rolls everthing like vanlia and give poland mroe regions ffrom russia and chrimnate khanete also had some more russia bases and add a another mongol faction like chrimnate khanete
    and rebemer to nerf line infanty and gerenla gunpowder units and buff up spear like lower the upkeep and and make the upkeep on gunpowder units more and make the campaing al better it still suck please reply

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 17/05/2014 - Scotland playable)

and give natives more units and maybe give muslim and hindu faction more units also there units varity suck like vanlia and there need a buff there underpowered compared to europa factions and booots teh cavarly buy loweer the upkeep

i think if you buff melele and cavarly the game would be better and natives need a majpr buff and bow units neeed to be goood nad not suck more

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by djsalibeat View Post
    i think ottoman had vienna at this time and can you make it so it only spain who has bases outiside europa becuase it histroric corret and make the natives and persia and mughal and chrimnate khanete playble and also try to nerf europa line infantry i still think that great britian and prussia steam rolls everthing like vanlia and give poland mroe regions ffrom russia and chrimnate khanete also had some more russia bases and add a another mongol faction like chrimnate khanete
    and rebemer to nerf line infanty and gerenla gunpowder units and buff up spear like lower the upkeep and and make the upkeep on gunpowder units more and make the campaing al better it still suck please reply
    The Ottomans never had Vienna.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

what about nerfing every gunpowder units and buffing everyone else also cannons i know it not historcaly corret but do it for gameplay sake and give vieana to ottoman for gameplay sack Again because in vanila ottoman never do anything in Europa so if yougive them more bases there maybe become more agrisive so dont make it historolca but make it uncorret bbut gameplay fun

I think with the implementation of good CAI ottomans will be aggressive just as anyone else. In DarthMod everybody is a greedy vulture eager to take a bit of your lands, which makes for a chess-like campaign that takes a lot of thinking and careful decision making, I think that is the beauty of all the total war campaigns, if such a thing is achieved. Makes for an extremely enjoyable game.

By the way Geronimo, how feasible would it be to actually implement the DarthCAI, such as the one Imperial Splendour uses? I would kill to see it in the next release.

that sounds as a good idea can you do so faction like mughal or maybe natives could attack like with a script or there with armies or cities in Europa and trying to use darthmod cai sounds as a good idea i wouldve love to see natives Europa go around blieztkrieg like nazi german

I have no experience editing CAI but will look into it.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

is it possible to make a 1492 mod for empire i wouldve love so see empire total war mods with less guns and more bows and horses and pikes so istn it possible to change the game to fit this timeline or is not possible with this engine becuase i think empire is the best total war game out becuase it cathes the feel about the conial times and it cover nearlythe Whole World while medieval 2 America is only South America and i like 1492mod to empire total war more than medieval 2 while know youcan do more to egine with medieval empire still feels betters so i would love to see the mod in empire notmedoieval while is it easer to make it medieval

sry for aksing but when does NeXT update come and couldten you get help from husttlertw to implendt darth mod cai and hes good with startpos

this far the best mod to total war the only mod coming close to this mods in quality is hyrule total war and this mod can get even betterif you just make the cai better

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 26/06/2014 Venice playable/Portugal Protectorate)

I've updated the OP. The latest startpos makes Portugal a protectorate of Spain and makes Venice playable.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 26/06/2014 Venice playable/Portugal Protectorate)

Oooh sweetness!

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 26/06/2014 Portugal Protectorate)

Just to clarify an earlier confusion: the new startpos I uploaded today makes Portugal a Spanish protectorate and adds Venice as a playable faction.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; June 26, 2014 at 01:48 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download

Perhaps, for later releases, could you take away the "Thirteen Colonies" faction, and give their regions to the natives? I did so myself for the sake of historical accuracy hahaxD also great job so far. Looking forward to more work coming from this mod.

"Close your eyes, Pray for Plagues"

Hello , why Riga is now Swedish in this mod ? It was polish in years- (1561 - 1621). Lost in peace of Altmark in 1629. It was besiedged and captured by swedish in 1621.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ImperatorMichael's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Download startpos from (05/05/2014) here. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. It makes the following changes intended to bring the campaign map closer to the reality of 1600 AD. To be run alongside the main download of Colonalism 1600AD. When prompted to override the earloer startpos.esf click yes.

- Russia gains Ingria (which it held in 1595-1617).
    - Poland gains Ukraine.
    - Austria gains Alsace-Lorraine. Historically it was part of the Holy Roman Empire in 1600 although not the Habsburg domains specifically.
    - Britain, France and Netherlands begin with no colonies.
    - Spain gains Jamaica, Curacao and Bahamas.
    - Portugal gains Ceylon.

European map image here:

NB: In this older startpos you have to wait until turn 2 before you can move armies around in regions where ownerships have changed. This problem is fixed in the newer startpos at top of thread.

NB in case you have problems with this startpos you can still use another older one downloadable here which has no region changes or new factions.

----

Earlier versions in case you have problems.

May 22dn version of the startpos file here (. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. Scotland now playable, Transylvania owned by Austria, Don Voisko owned by Crimea, and fog of war removed from Ukraine. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. Ensure you have updates to main mod I uploaded today here for King James' portrait/name and Scotland description.

In case you have problems, you can download an earlier startpos below:
    -----------------------

Earlier startpos (in case you have problems with ones above):

Startpos from (05/05/2014) here. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. It makes the following changes intended to bring the campaign map closer to the reality of 1600 AD. To be run alongside the main download of Colonalism 1600AD. When prompted to override the earloer startpos.esf click yes.

- Russia gains Ingria (which it held in 1595-1617).
    - Poland gains Ukraine.
    - Austria gains Alsace-Lorraine. Historically it was part of the Holy Roman Empire in 1600 although not the Habsburg domains specifically.
    - Britain, France and Netherlands begin with no colonies.
    - Spain gains Jamaica, Curacao and Bahamas.
    - Portugal gains Ceylon.

European map image here:
    Question:
    Will this interfere with the vanilla game or will it actually be a selectable option on the main menu, leaving the vanilla game intact?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12