Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silven Has Returned! And He's Got Some 'Splainin To Do...

Default Re: Silven Has Returned! And He's Got Some 'Splainin To Do...

Man!!!! I am so glad you are back, downloading STIM now =)

Ever since I first downloaded your mod and played a battle, I wanted to recreate that feeling time and again. Thanks mate, keep it up - switching back to your mod now!

yeah don't sacrifice your personal life for a game...thanks for the update though!

Yay, I just want to say I enjoyed this overhaul the most before the long hiatus.

Just wanted to say thanks for your mods.. tried others that start with R and was way to easy and caused issues with AI armies.. love yours get more 40 on 0 battles and makes you think o VH.. now if CA would put in a code for AI to upgrade units this game would be epic... that and siege battles

Welcome back bud!

I'm just getting back into Rome II after a long break. Loved your previous work, exceptional mod. Chuffed to see an updated version! Well done.

PS be nice to see larger unit sizes though, I loved having 240/320men per unit!
    This is my original review for Rome II, posted in October 2013.

Rome II: Totally Casual.

Streamlined features, zero diplomacy, no family tree, lack of character progression, magical transports, complete lack of battle, siege and campaign AI, blob style fighting formations, 3minute battles, magical fire burning torches, zero seasons, 1 turn per year, awful performance on high end systems, monotonous and incredibly tedious campaign,

A year later, sadly, not much has changed.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    And on the matter of Turns Per Year, I've always favored 2 TPY. But with the recent seasons update provided by CA (sweet btw!) 2 TPY is immersion breaking for me. I hate only having Summer and Winter. So until I find a feasible way to make 2 TPY work with all 4 seasons, the mod will only support 4 TPY. Building and Tech Times will not, however, simply be 4 times as long.
    I think you still got all the 4 seasons even with 2tpy and not just Summer, Winter. Only it wil be Spring, Summer in 272bc followed by Autumn, Winter in 271bc and so on. Maybe I'm wrong though.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Ooooo, you are back. Welcome back, sir!
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

I couldn't stop rubbing my eyes when I saw a new thread here...! I have tried your mod back in the days for a couple of days until it got outdated and then switched to DEI. I can't wait to try out your mod again! And Welcome Back of course!

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Yes, It's true. I'm here and the mod is fully functionally. Sadly, it seems too much time passed before my return, so my forum is pretty quiet these days.

I know how to get some buzz going... more units! I think that's the main thing lacking from STIM at the moment.

A big WELCOME BACK, Silven! I played your mod back then for a few days before it got outdated. Over the time, trying other mods, I realized that your mod was different. I never enjoyed Rome II again that much.
    I'm really glad to see your return!
    But as I was to slow, your mod is outdated again before I had the chance to try it out. This makes me sad. Hopefully you got enough time to update it quickly. Thanks in advance!

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Update's coming!

Wow I know I am late to the party but good to see your return and that everything worked out. Just noticed you came back. Stop looking out for this mod along time ago. Glad see your return . Now time to check out where this mod is at now. Was defiantly my favourite back in the day. So I hope it still has the same feeling =) "cheer"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12