Thread: The Legend of Lucifer (Piracy of the Fallen Clan)

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default The Legend of Lucifer (Piracy of the Fallen Clan)

Renewed Piracy in the Southern Passage

From the depths of Tartarus deep within the void Lucifer and his Fallen brothers launch their raids on the Southern Passage, striking this time at Merchant Space. The first System targeted by the Clan this go around is Algol, seat of the House Devriendt and a wealthy target if ever there was one. The ships under construction, and by that of course I mean the victim ships of proper size and structure being crudely refitted by the Fallen Clan in Tartarus, have been left in port.

Pirate Forces
    The Nightmare (Corsair) and her Crew

Lucifer
    Relevant Traits:

+5 Guerrilla Warfare Expert
    +2 Veteran Jump Navigate
    -4 SOS Pirate Bonus

OOC The Fallen Clan launches a raid on Algol.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; May 03, 2014 at 06:31 PM.

Double A's Avatar person man

Default Re: The Legend of Lucifer (Piracy of the Fallen Clan)

ooc: This is the part where I stop laughing and set out to murder you.

One of my characters is a +4 guerrilla warfare expert and +4 veteran jump navigator, should that not the roll in some way? I'm not saying +8 for me, it just seems utterly ridiculous that I need a 1 or 2 to not get screwed.
    Last edited by Double A; May 03, 2014 at 06:24 PM.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

OOC It says nothing about such things in the rules so you shouldn't get any bonuses for that. But I can already tell you're gonna be a child about this so I'll hit a different system, I'm not gonna deal with another player demanding unwritten bonuses at every turn.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; May 03, 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Double A's Avatar person man

ooc: That came out completely wrong if you think I'm demanding bonuses.

I meant that piracy seems incredibly imbalanced, and I was proposing a counter to it. Currently there is no way to take precautions against it, and I think most pirates have a 90% chance of success. I'm fairly sure someone else has a better idea than me, but that's the best I got right now except for the obvious solution of a military building.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

SOS Call:
    2/20 chance the raiders are seen as they’re making an approach, alerting local defenders and allowing them to intervene. A battle will be rolled before the raid can happen.
    8/20 chance the victims get an SOS call out as the attack is underway. A battle may be rolled after the raid has happened.
    8/20 chance the victims cannot send an SOS but do put up a fight. No battle.
    2/20 chance the victims are taken completely by surprise. +10% loot.

1-2, the defenders of Algo are caught completely by surprise (+10% loot)
    3-10, the raiders are able to prevent the victims from sending an SOS call
    11-18, the victims get an SOS call, a battle may occur after the raid has begun
    19-20, a battle will be rolled before the raid can happen.

Modifiers: -4 SOS (pirate), -5 SOS (Guerilla Warfare)

Rolled a 18 - 8 = 10. The raiders are able to prevent the victims from sending an SOS call and are able to loot the system before patrols can come help.

Loot: Trade income based on 2 trade lanes with 100,000 trade income.

Rolled a 2, so [(4*2%) + 10% (traits)] = 18% of 100,000 Crowns is 18,000 Crowns Looted.

Algo System will lose 18,000 trade income next year.

Easy Pickings

On their safe return from Algol Lucifer and his Fallen drop out of Jumpspace for yet another raid, this one on the System of Gumpalt in Merchant Space. Though this time there is opportunity to sow the seed of yet more chaos.. if the System Lords of Gumpalt could be convinced that the Lords of Solaris were responsible for the attack, well the proverbial could finally hit the fan in this sector and war certainly makes good business for Pirate Clans.

Pirate Forces
    The Nightmare (Corsair) and her Crew

Lucifer
    Relevant Traits:

+5 Guerrilla Warfare Expert
    +2 Veteran Jump Navigate
    -4 SOS Pirate Bonus

OOC The Fallen Clan launches a raid on Gumpalt

SOS Call:
    2/20 chance the raiders are seen as they’re making an approach, alerting local defenders and allowing them to intervene. A battle will be rolled before the raid can happen.
    8/20 chance the victims get an SOS call out as the attack is underway. A battle may be rolled after the raid has happened.
    8/20 chance the victims cannot send an SOS but do put up a fight. No battle.
    2/20 chance the victims are taken completely by surprise. +10% loot.

1-2, the defenders of Gumpalt are caught completely by surprise (+10% loot)
    3-10, the raiders are able to prevent the victims from sending an SOS call
    11-18, the victims get an SOS call, a battle may occur after the raid has begun
    19-20, a battle will be rolled before the raid can happen.

Modifiers: -4 SOS (pirate), -5 SOS (Guerilla Warfare)

Rolled a 12 - 9 = 3. The raiders are able to prevent the victims from sending an SOS call and are able to loot the system before patrols can come help.

Loot: Trade income based on 4 trade lanes (Southern Merchant Lord). Total trade income is 150,000.

Rolled a 2, so [(2*4%) + 10% (traits)] = 18% of 150,000 Crowns is 27,000 Crowns Looted.