Thread: Youtube Copyrights?

Default Youtube Copyrights?

Hello again!

I want to record a series, am I free to use everything in RoTK and earn my revenue without any copyright issues?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Youtube Copyrights?

Please detail a bit more what the series is about, what part\how you intend to use RotK.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 07, 2014 at 01:40 AM.

Well, I want to start a series campaign as Liu Clan and record the strategy map, battles (music and portraits would be in) etc.

Blog Entries

If it is a 'let's play' type of movie series then I don't see a problem. As long as you give some credit (a link to this forum as well maybe?) to the team and don't claim anything as your own work we'll be happy.
    Do give us a link, that would be appreciated.

I totally agree with you, please send me everything in private that you would like to appear into the description giving you the credits and maybe from the ones whom you took pictures or some others that aren't your work.

Blog Entries

At this stage it's pretty much a jumble with regards to original (by backbone studio) material and the team's. As long as you don't use it (other then playing with the mod) there is no need to give detailed credit.
    Right now the active team is myself, Seether, The Blade That Was Broken, y2day and Geoffrey of Villehardouin. The other credits listed here are for material used from other modders or for active support - it should be fine if you refer to us as 'the RotK modding team from Total War Center'. That plus a link to this forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1904 will be sufficient credit.

I've tried to do a Let's Play on Youtube for this mod and some random copyright troll organization from Germany made a claim on it (not kidding) basically forcing ads on the video when I explicitly selected no ads or monetization. I don't want to bother filing a counterclaim (WTF would a German company own the game? Don't even know how I would begin to counterclaim it, just took the video down). If I were you, I'd post it on some other website (like Twitch or Justin.tv) that doesn't allow automated software doing random copyright trolling.

It was audio copyright?