Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New factions

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

Icon5 New factions

Hi there,
    I am wondering what are the other new factions in the game that would be included? And some factions that I would like to see are:
    -Kucha
    -The Sogdians
    -Cyrene
    -Pergamum
    -Cholchis
    -Yuezhi
    -Bosporan Kingdom

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New factions

You rang?
    Bosporans and Pergamon are in, other greek states are out of the question.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Civis

THRACIA

Laetus

Thrace has already been counted out as a result of their historical position at the start date. However, there are a relatively large number of thracian units available in EB1, so I would presume that there would be a similar or greater availability in EB2, though perhaps not in the initial release.

West_Side's Avatar Foederatus

Pergamon and Bosphorans are already in.

Yuezhi weren't in the time period.

The rest would be cool but I doubt they'll be in any of the releases.

Also do you mean the African Kush or the Indian Kush?

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

What I meant by Kucha is that it would be a Tocharian faction named after the historic city of Kucha in the Tarim basin.
    Here is a link if you want to learn more about the Tocharian people. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocharians

Tocharians? I wouldn't give them much hope. They're there, on the edge of map, and they weren't much active in game's timeframe. Haven't been conquered, haven't conquered, fought in any major wars, no important trade or politics. Some rebels named Tocharians would serve just as well.

man how come eveyone forgot about ilyrians. I mean Icannot see a big reason for them not to be included. Celtic tribes have more than enough factions. Ylyrians dont have none and they are an important tribe/tribes

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Could you please be more specific?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

its like asking me to be more specific about thracians or celts...

Campidoctor
    Civitate

The "Illyrians" never existed, there are only Illyrian tribes, so i think Yuezhi means that you should talk about the most important Illyrian tribe at the beginning of the EB-timeframe. Informations like name, exact location, wealth and military activities would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphydian View Post
    its like asking me to be more specific about thracians or celts...
    In which case you could answer one or more of the following: Bellovaci, Remi, Aedui, Insubres, Pictones, Ordysae, Sapaei,...

anyway factions I think could be interesting from the region would be the Scordisci or Dardani.

On a recent map in the Twitter thread, there are 24 factions visible. How many will there be again?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    On a recent map in the Twitter thread, there are 24 factions visible. How many will there be again?
    Maximum number of factions available minus three. Last spots will be used in future releases.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Maximum number of factions available minus three. Last spots will be used in future releases.
    I thought maximum number of factions is 30 plus rebels? Afaik there are already 28 factions (Old 20 ones plus Bosphoran Kingdom, Pergamon, Lugiones, Boii, Numidia, Taksashila, Nabataia, Arevaci)

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    I thought maximum number of factions is 30 plus rebels? Afaik there are already 28 factions (Old 20 ones plus Bosphoran Kingdom, Pergamon, Lugiones, Boii, Numidia, Taksashila, Nabataia, Arevaci)
    Yes, 28 plus rebels. And I thought it was 31...

Campidoctor
    Civitate

28+1=29, so that means that there are just 2 slots left. Otherwise one faction would be missing in the first release, but nevermind.

Edit: I would like to see a faction that can fill the area north of Rome and Epirus and south of Gallia/Germania. I could imagine Massalia ( As this faction could have an interesting mix of hellenic and celtic culture), the Scordisi ( A celtic faction with celtic and greek influences, also very exciting) or Noricum (Superior ironforging).
    I think, the last faction slot is reserved for Meroe, as there are no more technical limitations to implement this faction. The only problem of this faction might be a lack of verifying military fashion. The advantages of this faction are:

- Historical importance (Oldest kingdom in EB 2 startdate, together with Saba. Also two recorded conflicts with it's neighbours)
    - Good starting position: Perfect to disable the Ptolemaics from fast expanding like in EB.
    - The first historical representation of a black African kingdom in a TW game/mod
    - A unique style of warfare (focus on archers, lack of armor for the normal soldier)
    - Good amount of primary and secondary sources
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; May 16, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

so what are the criteria for a new faction to be included?

anyway it would be a shame to overlook at least one of the Ilyrian faction/tribe: Ardiaei or Dardanians. You guys covered pretty all major cultures from Europe with at least one factionexcept these guys.

so what are the criteria for a new faction to be included?
    Here are some criteria iirc:
    - has to be present and independent at the beginning of the mod, ie. 272BCE
    - was, at least regional, an important military player
    - primary and secondary sources the team can work on
    - enhances overall campaign gameplay
    - interesting, good starting position

anyway it would be a shame to overlook at least one of the Ilyrian faction/tribe: Ardiaei or Dardanians. You guys covered pretty all major cultures from Europe with at least one factionexcept these guys.
    Looking at the current map...

... I agree, that Illyria wouldn't be the worst place for a new faction. Neither the area between the Aedui and Sweboz or Lugiones and Sauromatae.

My two personal favourites for the last to slots (in a later release) are Galatia, a Celtic faction in the midst of Hellenic states, and Syracuse. Simply because I'd like to play either of them, and they meet imo the criteria for new factions. But at the moment I'm snug as a bug in a rug with the 28 factions we will have in august.

Team Sleep's Avatar Semisalis

As I read this thread, I notice all of the questions and speculations that are being made has already been covered in great detail on another thread. Which would make this thread redundant.

Allow me to provide the link (All 74 pages full of useful information):

Faction Speculation Thread

Please consider referencing this thread before posting here again.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast