Thread: Latin Voicemod pack 1.0 on Roma Surrectum 2

Default Latin Voicemod pack 1.0 on Roma Surrectum 2

Hi,

How can I get this mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=507

to work with Roma Surrectum 2? I have tried to install it on several locations (different "sound" folders in RTW) and it didn't work...

Thanks!

Default Re: Latin Voicemod pack 1.0 on Roma Surrectum 2

You have to change the paths and files in following files: export_descr_sounds_units_voice and export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice. Just change the path from the vanilla files to that of the latin sound mod where you saved them. The problem is, it's a lot of work because you must use the voice type General_1 as there are no sounds in that mod für Heavy, Medium and Light. That means you'll also have to change the voice type in the export_descr_units file in the data folder. I'm working on that too and it works fine, but it was so much work. Took me 2 days only on the roman units... Still working on. Greeks are fully working, only a few units don't work. Barbarian units are a different story. That's even much more work than on the roman units...

Thank you for your answer, it will be useful for me when I decide to work on it... I can't allow myself to spend two days on it right now but I will surely do it one day, thank you again!

Yes, I can say it's worth it. Most of the voices from EB fit perfectly in. I love all that sounds. An I see I forgot something to mention. You'll not only have to change the voice type in the standard EDU in the data folder, also in the EDU of the faction that you're playing right now.

Thanks. But isn't there an easier way really? Because there is an exe installer which is supposed to make it "easy"...

Well, that installer only extracts the files for the romans. If you want all sounds replaced with the EB sounds, then there's no other way. But I think even when you just install this, it won't work because the files it places in your data folder will have the EB roman units. RSII has completly different sound files and mostly different units under different names, especially the 28 legions. In that files there are all voice types and funnily, all fantasy vanilla units are still there. So it seems we have to rework it manually and spend some hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bane1 View Post
    Well, that installer only extracts the files for the romans. If you want all sounds replaced with the EB sounds, then there's no other way. But I think even when you just install this, it won't work because the files it places in your data folder will have the EB roman units. RSII has completly different sound files and mostly different units under different names, especially the 28 legions. In that files there are all voice types and funnily, all fantasy vanilla units are still there. So it seems we have to rework it manually and spend some hours...

Sorry for that quote reply, my browser did the thing on his own...
    Anyway, thank you again, your answer tells a lot about why the installation didn't work for me...

So I guess I'll just have to do it the hard way. I shall get some free time one day to do it...

How's progress?

Hi,
    I haven't worked on it yet since I haven't had time to. Unfortunately I feel I won't have in the near future either... However I'll tell you about it when I do it, probably next summer

Hi back.

I installed the voice mod in the Rome Total War folder anyway, in order to start the whole thing. Then I launched the game, just to see if anything happened. And the thing is that order voices do work (I mean when you give an order to your troops, they speak Latin) BUT the "selection" voices (those that speak when you select a unit) are NOT in Latin. I will eventually do what Darth Bane1 said in order to have those in Latin too, which is indeed the only way to have a complete immersion concerning voices as my troops now speak both Latin and French

Thanks again anyway

Exactly as I thought. The orders are the same, because they have the same command name in their path, so it overwrites them. But not the units themselves. Also in addition, you'll have to to change the voice type in every EDU. Greek sound files are all heavy and medium, there's no light and the romans, barbarians and asian units only have General_1. If you don't change that, than most sounds won't work. But it' worth it. RSII sounds so awesome with the EB voices. It's cool when you hear that from the enemy in the distance, too.

Hi,

I'm asking help again because I tried to do the thing this morning and it didn't work. I actually have two versions of the game, a Steam version with EB installed, and a DVD version with RS2, and I used the EB files for RS2. I tried many things:
    -pasting the EB files in the voice folder of the DVD version, and then changing the name of the files in export_descr_sounds_units_voice (as I think export_descr_sounds_soldiers_voice is actually only for taunts, etc, which, for most of them, have already been replaced by the voicemod installation as I said in an earlier post) + changing the export_descr_units file in both the main data folder and the "Play_Rome" folder.
    -Pasting the EB files in a new folder in my DVD version and then changing the name and the path in export_descr_sounds_units_voice + changing the export_descr_units file in both the main data folder and the "Play_Rome" folder.
    -Replacing all the vanilla roman unit voices in French in the Voice folder of the DVD version with the EB ones, and then renaming those with the exact vanilla names, and then changing nothing in the .txt files.
    I have to mention that I only tried this with Polybians and Allied Republican Cohorts and the results that I got were that, after trying to change the "hastati" and "principes" voices, the units either did not speak at all anymore, or only said either "principes", or "hastati", and not the two of them, when selected.

Thanks in advance for your help.