View Poll Results: Who do you think will win this years World Cup?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brazil

16 9.82%
  • Croatia

3 1.84%
  • Mexico

1 0.61%
  • Cameroon

0 0%
  • Spain

4 2.45%
  • Netherlands

21 12.88%
  • Chile

2 1.23%
  • Australia

0 0%
  • Colombia

2 1.23%
  • Ivory Coast

0 0%
  • Greece

6 3.68%
  • Japan

1 0.61%
  • Uruguay

3 1.84%
  • Costa Rica

2 1.23%
  • England

6 3.68%
  • Italy

6 3.68%
  • Switzerland

0 0%
  • Ecuador

0 0%
  • France

3 1.84%
  • Honduras

0 0%
  • Argentina

12 7.36%
  • Bosnia

1 0.61%
  • Iran

1 0.61%
  • Nigeria

0 0%
  • Germany

55 33.74%
  • Portugal

4 2.45%
  • Ghana

0 0%
  • U.S.A.

6 3.68%
  • Belgium

3 1.84%
  • Algeria

1 0.61%
  • Russia

1 0.61%
  • South Korea

3 1.84%
Page 86 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3661767778798081828384858687888990919293949596111 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2464

Thread: World Cup 2014, Brazil

Default Re: World Cup 2014, Brazil

Glad to see the prospect of a successful German still puts fear and anger to the heart of the common Southern European.

Hey Brazil, so we meet again. And this time we arent the only ones missing a key player.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Well, there's a lot of people in that match that didn't get a yellow. That foul was very hard to see for the ref, it looked like a foul we've seen dozens of in this match. Only in replay we see that Zuniga puts his knee in Neymar's back, hope he can still get suspended and there's no "ref judged it" nonsense.
    The refereeing was laughable, there should have been yellow cards much earlier in the match as the amount of fouls made was just absurd. In the second half the Brazilians just started kicking everyone down as soon as those players got the ball which made football impossible. A yellow card somewhere in the first half for the 4th time someone takes down his opponent might make them reconsider their approach. And when he gives a yellow, he gives it to James Rodriguez whose tackle doesn't hit anyone and was in no way dangerous. Also, it's probably a good idea to give Fernandinho a yellow before the match starts as somehow he gets away with everything during the game, a bit like this tournament's Van Bommel.
    Agreed. The refs are more inclined to let play go on this tournament, but this was excessive.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The referee should have shown a card a lot earlier in the match to let if flow a lot more.

Still, surely, part of the problem is the number of players that 'simulate' or enhance their reactions to a foul? Players that have been fouled roll around numerous times but somehow usually manage to get up quickly enough and play on.

Thw quotes from the player that kneed Neyma in the back are laughable.

Zuniga insisted: "I never meant to hurt a player. It was a normal move.
    "I was playing for the shirt from my country, not with the intent to injure. I was just defending my shirt."

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Macunaíma View Post
    Yeah, but after breaking Neymar's back he falled back and made ANOTHER foul on Oscar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqujf0A4Gg

He should have been expelled right there because he had already committed a yellow card foul on Hulk, but frankly I don't think he deservers a long ban.It was a very unlucky contact IMO, normal yellow card foul that ended badly, I don't think Zuniga really wanted to break Neymar's back.I mean, there are many tackles like that in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    The referee should have shown a card a lot earlier in the match to let if flow a lot more.

Still, surely, part of the problem is the number of players that 'simulate' or enhance their reactions to a foul? Players that have been fouled roll around numerous times but somehow usually manage to get up quickly enough and play on.

Thw quotes from the player that kneed Neyma in the back are laughable.

Zuniga insisted: "I never meant to hurt a player. It was a normal move.
    "I was playing for the shirt from my country, not with the intent to injure. I was just defending my shirt."

So do you think he went straight for Neymar's vertebra?Come on, Zuniga is watching the ball the all time.
    Last edited by Caesar Germanico; July 05, 2014 at 05:30 AM.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wqujf0A4Gg

He should have been expelled right there because he had already committed a yellow card foul on Hulk, but frankly I don't think he deservers a long ban.It was a very unlucky contact IMO, normal yellow card foul that ended badly, I don't think Zuniga really wanted to break Neymar's back.I mean, there are many tackles like that in every game.
    Not true. The only way Zuniga can reach the ball is if Neymar is made of thin air. That right there is either a reckless foul or deliberate aggressive behaviour. It's a straight red. Of course, you need a ref that actually calls it, and that ref should've given Fernandinho a yellow much earlier to prevent escalation of the violence.

Doesn't excuse what Zuniga did. A suitable punishment may be 10% of annual income as a fine to be transferred to say UNICEF, a ban of 4 international games, and between 4 and 6 weeks activities with his club.

And at the same time reduce Suarez's ban, because FIFA is ridiculing itself. The most punished player in a tournament that has featured a broken leg, flying knees to the lower back and to the back of the head, deliberate elbows to the face and studs-first hits in the face/head is a player who bit another through the shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

I've heard the refs were under order from FIFA to be lenient with cards. That might explain the Brazil-Colombia match. Hence I wouldn't blame the referee himself too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Hit a nerve i suppose, but nevermind, carry on with your better discussion before my illustrious self brought atypically low-level thoughts to an otherwise enlightened festivity of high-culture..
    This is football, not high culture. Nor a contest in who can make the most inappropriate and crass remarks. Troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Argentina honestly didn't have a coach though. Maradona is utterly clueless.
    Agreed. They don't look very much different this time around though. I'd be very much surprised if they got past Holland.

Citizen

So do you think he went straight for Neymar's vertebra?Come on, Zuniga is watching the ball the all time.
    No, but do you think it's a 'normal challenge'?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

No, but do you think it's a 'normal challenge'?
    It's normal in the sense that I have seen similar in every football match.Zuniga goes too strong for the ball and his leg is up because he wants to jump and challenge it in air, can't stop himself, Neymar at the same time steps back and because of this the contact is harsher than usual.Neymar was very unlucky in both the dynamic of the foul and that he suffered the contact in just the right spot to cause that injury.

Anyway, Neymar is incredibly light (bony, little muscle) and goes in each challenge very soft trying to gain a free kick.It's not strange that a player like that might get hurt.
    Last edited by Caesar Germanico; July 05, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abendstern View Post
    Glad to see the prospect of a successful German still puts fear and anger to the heart of the common Southern European.
    Does it? Because Spain did not have particular issues getting rid of the Mannschaft in the recent years, while in Italy they are regular source of hilarity.

It's normal in the sense that I have seen similar in every football match.Zuniga goes too strong for the ball and his leg is up because he wants to jump and challenge it in air, can't stop himself, Neymar at the same time steps back and because of this the contact is harsher than usual.Neymar was very unlucky in both the dynamic of the foul and that he suffered the contact in just the right spot to cause that injury.

Anyway, Neymar is incredibly light (bony, little muscle) and goes in each challenge very soft trying to gain a free kick.It's not strange that a player like that might get hurt.
    I have seen BS piled up in my life but never so much.
    Zuniga doesn't go for the ball at all. For him to be going for the ball Neymar should not be even present.
    Neymar doesn't step back, he stops going forward.
    Even if Neymar wasn't present, Zuniga would have missed the ball because his jump would've led him right above it.
    Of course, his jump was also very accurate because he was aiming for Neymar's back instead of the ball.

What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."

Citizen

Wow - denial at it's best maybe even delusonal.

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    I have seen BS piled up in my life but never so much.
    Zuniga doesn't go for the ball at all. For him to be going for the ball Neymar should not be even present.
    Neymar doesn't step back, he stops going forward.
    Even if Neymar wasn't present, Zuniga would have missed the ball because his jump would've led him right above it.
    Of course, his jump was also very accurate because he was aiming for Neymar's back instead of the ball.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We don't know what was in the Columbian player's mind when they made the challenge. It could have been a clumsy challenge or one that they intended to make.

I think Zuniga was one of the Columbian players that seemed to get upset with the challenges in the game - also I recall that he made several bad callenges during the game as well.

What makes all this worse is the amount of simulation from teams in the worlod cup - get the slightest touch and make it seem that you've been hit with a sedge hammer. Just becuase other teams and players act in that way does not make it right to do so yourself. If you see someone break into a store and steal something does it give you the right to do similar? Of course not, at least if you've had a decent upbringing.

Does it? Because Spain did not have particular issues getting rid of the Mannschaft in the recent years, while in Italy they are regular source of hilarity.
    Oh come on, youre talking about teams that didnt even make it past the group stage. Germany is in the top 4 for the 4th time in a row now. Neither Spain nor Italy have even come close to that. Although Spain at least won their one world cup by skill. Italy just got lucky once, then have returned to normal.

Kinda like the Italian team with Brazil...

Oh come on, youre talking about teams that didnt even make it past the group stage. Germany is in the top 4 for the 4th time in a row now. Neither Spain nor Italy have even come close to that. Although Spain at least won their one world cup by skill. Italy just got lucky once, then have returned to normal.
    Spain is also the only team to win three international tournaments in a row, the first European team to win the World Cup outside of Europe. During two of those tournaments, it defeated Germany twice.
    What's EB?

Of course, the achievements of Spain's Golden Generation are impressive. Even more so considering that their national team actually is made up entirely of Spaniards. If they can build this up to a continuing legacy or will end up to be what they were before, that remains yet to be seen.

And maybe the 2010 game would have been a different one had Müller been playing.

Wow - denial at it's best maybe even delusonal.
    Denial of what exactly?I admited Zuniga shouldn't have ended the game and you said he didn't went straight to hurt Neymar's back, IMO Zuniga showed a more violent intent with that foul Hulk than this.

Of course, the achievements of Spain's Golden Generation are impressive. Even more so considering that their national team actually is made up entirely of Spaniards.
    Yes - unlike Team Germany, it has to be said. And taken to bizarre levels with the Swiss and French teams. Quite a few German journalists had to eat their words about how important it is to have mercenary players from all over the world in your national team when Spain won and the French team dissolved in 2010.

baptistus's Avatar Senator

To be 4th, 3rd or 2nd mean nothing on a world cup. Who remember who won the third place ? There is one winner and losers who made or doesn't made a good world cup.
    It is not a championship.
    You said italy was lucky in 2006 ? you are right. France made a magnific world cup and was the better team of the world cup. But the better teams doesn't always win the world cup. And Italy won. As germany win against France in 2014 even if it was not a good match for both team (germans and frenchs were very boring .... both of them.)
    So germany are in the top 4 for the 4th time ? very good, but it will be always better to win a world cup.
    Last edited by baptistus; July 05, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

baptistus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Yes - unlike Team Germany, it has to be said. And taken to bizarre levels with the Swiss and French teams.
    WTF ?! all the players of France are French since they born .... or you mean you can not be french if you are black or arab ?

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    As germany win against France in 2014 even if it was not a good match for both team (german and french was very boring .... both of them. And the goal are nopt impressive at all)
    I thought France was pretty good in the recent match. They looked more like a team, after Ribéry, Nasri, Anelka and most of the other scumbags were rooted out.

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    WTF ?! all the players of France are French since they born .... or you mean you can not be french if you are black or arab ?
    Depends on how you define French. Certainly not those illoyal, egocentric that sunk their team in 2010.