Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

Default Re: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

Hi.

First of all, thanks for this great mod. My question is simple, is is possible to disable the "crusade" and "jihad" feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The timescale is one part of the TPY issue. This thread may give you an idea what else is involved.
    Many thanks for your answer.

I know about the thread you linked to, and I have tried to copy the script changes into the existing documents, but I am doing something wrong. The game launches, but crashes as soon as I try to start a new campaign.

I found no advice as to where to copy the new scripts, I mean where precisely in the files, so I added them at the end of the documents. That didn't work.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@Norkus
    There should be already a TPY script in Stainless Steel. You would need to edit it conform to your desired number of turns per year. This script however often forms an integral part of other script parts as I mentioned - as such the possibility of a crash after an edit is rather high.

@Lucio
    disabling jihads is not entirely possible unless you rename the data name of the 'islam' religion, but can be reduced to a very slim chance by editing the piety requirements (level of priest) in the descr_campaign_db file, 10 is the highest level of piety and rarely achieved. Removing all jihad target entries in descr_regions may also help to reduce jihads being called.
    Code:
       <crusades>
          <required_jihad_piety int="4"/>
    crusade is an integral part of the papal_states special faction ability and I doubt it can be removed without removing the special ability in descr_sm_factions, removing crusade targets in descr_regions may help somewhat.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 10, 2016 at 04:05 AM.

Hello,

I'm running on SS 6.4 with Bug fix compelation, plus Next hair and Son of X. I Wanted to change the percentages of Prim Traits probability of appearance and to acheive that I edited the export_descr_character_traits in this section:

Trigger selfperpetuating45
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Prim >= 1

Affects Prim 1 Chance 4

So for porpuses of experimentation I changed Chance to 100 just to see if it would work. But i won't. I already tried move the doc to desktop, run the setup and then put back the doc with the modifications, but i start the campaign and go trough turns and no Prim related traits pop out... Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Advice...

Don't go with some courtesan just cause she's hot and says your wife will never know.
    Youre the King... every second of your life is scrutinized!
    That girl will totally tell all her friends, and before you know it... you get "despises his father" traits on your kids.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

How can i make a new faction in Stainless Steel 6.4 and mod it?I have tried like in M2TW but its gettincrached all the time...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Have a look in the following forum:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources
    You should find the right tutorial. Note that there's a list of the tutorials here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Stainless Steel has 29 factions, which means there is room for two more: Creating a World - Adding a new Faction

And this can work for modding also the stainless steel mod?

Can you change portaits and add your own, edit flags, change the present factions etc?
    If i want to split for example the seljuk turks to kurds and ottomans is it possible?

Blog Entries

All of that is possible, there are a lot of tutorials around that include several that cover your ideas

Hey Guys,

I have restarted playing Medieval after 6 years lol

I just have the Medieval Total War 2 CD game... I installed the latest Stainless Steel 6.4 patch, but it ran an error because I don't have the Kingdoms expansion!

Any help will be highly appreciated !

Blog Entries

Convert to steam, that gives you the expansion for free. After that install Stainless Steel using this guide. I would suggest to uninstall the disk version M2TW first as you may otherwise get registry based confusion, eg installers may point to the wrong game version.

Hey guys, quick question.

I'm very new to playing with the files, and so far have only played around with editing the notepad files. I'm trying to figure out how to use a skin that is not of the faction on another unit, instead of just playing with skins that already belong to the faction. For example, if I want to use the Gasmuli skin, which belongs to the Byzantine Empire, on a crossbow unit such as, say the Arbalesters, which are a unit of France, Aragon, Crown of Castile and Venice.

How much of a problem would that be?

Blog Entries

A big problem if the layout of the texture parts does not agree with the original layout, eg is meant for a different unit.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Can someone remind me -again !- how to revert to vanilla vegetation?
    I hate those daisies!

i think you schould destroy the map new_vegetation

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I got it, thanks!
    Last edited by paleologos; September 26, 2017 at 03:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Full path to texture: data\vegetation\models\textures

Alright, so... since this thread said "how to mod Stainless Steel", I hope this counts as something like it.

Now, my question is... how and CAN I add a music file to play in-game like during battles? Or can I even set it specifically to play during battles if I can add them? Hopefully it will be yes for both. Thanks in advance!