Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

Default Re: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

Yep, you were right. Just removing the new ones was the way to do it.

Thanks Meloo.

Hi, I play the grand campaign as the Teutonic Order (btftb) and even if it is listed as a northern_european culture has eastern_european culture buildings models. Switching it in the descr_sm_factions for northern doesn't do anything...
    However if I switch them to southern_european it works and I get the same building models as italians and iberians...

Is there a way to make them have the same building models as the HRE, France and the scandinavians?

Hello.

Playing Late Era Campaign SS6.4 (w/bugfix compilation) as Scotland.

I have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate instruction.

1. How can I make gunpowder units, e.g Rimbault etc happen quicker? I remember really enjoying gunpowder units.

2. Is it possible to make the Irish mercenaries, like Gallowglasses + Kerns, be recruitable as regular Scottish troops (ideally, from Galway and Dublin).

Thanks in advance.
    I am Balor.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Much obliged, thank you.
    I am Balor.

Hi I'm not sure I ask in a right thread but I would be very grateful for any help.

I have a problem transfering Ireland and some Irish units from SS6.1 to my mod (I don't make a real mod like SS, this is just for fun).
    Mod crashes and log says that

Unable to find character model william_wallace2 for character type general

The only file I hadn't imported is scotland_Wallace_General_sprite.spr But the weirdest thing is that I can't find this file in SS unit_sprites/ folder while all texture and mesh are in their place.

Nontheless SS6.1 goes without any trouble and William Wallace appears when he should.
    Is it a sprite file because of which my mod doesn't load or I need something else? And how could it be that SS needs no sprite for Wallace?
    I know these are noob questions...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

This looks like a strat model issue. Apparently a named character (in descr_strat) has a level trait that calls for the william_wallace2 strat model (which isn't entered in descr_model_strat).
    Search descr_characters for that model entry and then either change the model name there or add the entry to descr_model_strat. Here is a tutorial that will shed some light on the linkages.

That was it! Thank you very much, Gigantus! Indeed, I've forgotten to copy/past an entry of william_wallace into descr_model_strat and a spritefile was falsely accused.
    After this issue was fixed my poor little mod has been successfully launched for the first time.

Blog Entries

Is there a way I can make ALL mercenary units available in custom battles? For example, in the campaign I can get Armenian Cavalry, Hashashim Mercenaries, and Mercenary Frankish Knights but in custom battles I can't get them.

Blog Entries

They are prevented to be used by an entry in the EDU, removing that entry will make them available. Just be advised that too many units available in the custom battle selection will lead to a crash.
    Code:
    attributes              sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, is_peasant, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit, no_custom

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Hi, just one quick question if someone could help me re: Crowns.

Playing SS6.4 early era as England. After turn 1 the King gets the privy seal ancillary. However, he's never King of England. The only crown he can get in UK is King of Britain but you need to take Scotland.

Is it possible to edit some files in export_descr_ancillaries.txt"file so by having London, Winchester, Exeter, Nottingham, York & Caernarvon he would then get a King of England Ancillary & Crown?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Some of them are missing if I remember correctly. This tutorial might be useful: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post3942435

Also, don't forget to update the relevant text file (in text folder) and to add the icon for it. I can see if I can dig out something about that if you need it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Markmilan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Some of them are missing if I remember correctly. This tutorial might be useful: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post3942435

Also, don't forget to update the relevant text file (in text folder) and to add the icon for it. I can see if I can dig out something about that if you need it

Thanks Lifthrasir.

Slightly off topic, I had a quick go on SSHIP earlier this week - is a great mod - will play a long campaign on it once refreshed myself with SS.6.4

Blog Entries

Thanks Mate

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Guys, I recently returned to SS 6.4 after a long absence.
    Is there any simple and fool proof way to make the mod 4 turns pr. year?

Blog Entries

While it can be changed easily if you have some experience with text editing I am fairly certain that the length (12 turns) plays an integral in other script parts, eg harvest notices in September, bad winter notices in December. Which in turn could trigger other conditions (pop growth, movement limitation).

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    While it can be changed easily if you have some experience with text editing I am fairly certain that the length (12 turns) plays an integral in other script parts, eg harvest notices in September, bad winter notices in December. Which in turn could trigger other conditions (pop growth, movement limitation).
    Not too experienced, I'm afraid. I have change the timescale in the descr_strat to 0.25 rather than 1.00, but that changes nothing. What else do I have to do?

Blog Entries

The timescale is one part of the TPY issue. This thread may give you an idea what else is involved.