Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

Default Re: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

a second question along modification lines: and, predicate to my second question along modifying lines, does ss (or any mod you are aware of, including vanilla) in terms of its overall combat system relative to terrain, provide for a rough terrain combat modifier relative to mountainous and/or predominately hill-comprised terrain?

my question, other than the previous noted possibility, is what combat system modifier(s) are presently associated with said hill and/or mountain map-related terrain? e.g. are the 4 listed effects somehow substituted or otherwise combined to produce a combat modifier comparable to said terrain variation and its effect upon combat?

"would changing the attack value of spearmen cause a glaring or unforseen instance of imbalance in the game or combat system in-play?"

Yes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

As far as attack values you are probably better of changing what you want and see how it works with balance. Or try out the new RC and see what changes have been done.

I have a smal question: Could i change just the weapon an unit use? - Hussars for Hungary/Poland. I want their spears too look just like the ones for Stradiots. If thats possible, i cant seem to find in what .txt to do that stuff.

for a visual change you would have to edit the model, is not really that hard to do, check this tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dieval-2-units

I made mace armed feudal knights with it in no time

"does ss (or any mod you are aware of, including vanilla) in terms of its overall combat system relative to terrain, provide for a rough terrain combat modifier relative to mountainous and/or predominately hill-comprised terrain?"

The four terrain modifiers are for scrub, sand, desert and snow, so I'm guessing not. Or there is something but it's hardcoded and invisible.

little question.
    dthe dmdb file points "hussar" to the lb_fancy_plain (or something like that) but the mesh is not there. not even in ocult files (why would it be).
    how comes? infact many units are like that :o

i believe they are unpacked?
    Last edited by LusitanPlayer; September 11, 2014 at 08:01 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If the mesh is not in the mod's sub directories then it will be in the packs. If you don't find it after unpacking then check if that model is actually used (EDB, EDU). That may explain any absence.

Foederatus

hi how can i add the ayyubids to be the ruling family in egypt other than the fatamids ?

and how can i make muslim princess ?

I guess you all know the unit Saethwyr - present in the Welsh army in Kingdoms and then in Ireland's roster in S.S. 6.1 (btw, Stainless Steel is the best freaking mod I've ever played - for MTW, that is - just great). The Welsh also had Gwent Raiders that were later introduced as mercenaries in S.S. 6.4. I want to do the exact same thing with the Saethwyr. I know their textures are present in the 6.4 version of S.S., but I get a plain CTD everytime I try and mess with export_descr_unit.txt to add the Saethwyr. Please help me . I've googled this, but to no avail...

havent played in a while, recently re-installed SS, set my timescale to 0.50 and deleted everything under the =======AGEING SCRIPT======= Yet its still at 1 tpy for both when i start a new campaign, what am i missing? I tried to update to 6.4 but when after installing the update, choosing early or late, then trying to launch it said it couldnt find my launcher so i went back to 6.3? Is the problem that i'm using 6.3? Thats what i was using in the past and never had this issue, ive tried re-downloading and re-installing about three times now and cant seem to figure out the problem

If you want to start with the Ayyubids, you'll have to add them in descr_strat, and also add their names to the name file. If you want them to appear later, you'll have to spawn them by script in campaign_script.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...EPORTS!/page76 - adding princesses
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352987 - princesses for muslim factions
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=361414 - muslim princess portraits by hereje
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=584871 - princesses and link to mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=562738 - princess skins modder's resource

=============================================================

The CTD is probably due to the fact that there are already 500 units in the EDU, the most possible. You will have to remove a unit, such as Battlefield Assassins or Sherwood Archers, which should not be in the game anyway.

=================================================================

Did you save the file after modifying it? Did you turn off UAC and Virtual Store?

Install 6.4 and then search for a solution to the launcher problem.

Does anybody know how many units in the game aren't actually being used?

Or better yet, which ones...

unit entries in the EDU for plain SS6.4

only "dismounted turhagut"

the rest is assigned to some building and is available at some point during the campaign

so the mod uses 499/500 unit entries slots.

How does one add loading screen quotes?

I thought I had it figured. You just edit them into the quotes.text and then add a quote and author number to the descr_quotes_lookup...

Am I right, is that all, or is there more to it that I'm missing?

Edit: Also, thanks Meloo

Blog Entries

Add author and quote to text\quotes - do not skip a number! If the total exceeds 120 you need to edit descr_transition_screen to accommodate the surplus - do not skip a number either! Took us 2 years in 1648 to figure out that an interrupted sequence was the reason for the mysterious loading screen crash.

Edit: disregard the lookup file, it's a left over from the RTW engine version.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 03, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

How do you add loading screens?

Blog Entries

Add TGA files of 1024*768 measurement to the data\loading_screen folder. The name format has to be loading_screen_[number], numbers start with 1 and have no zeroes in front, eg full name with extension for the first screen will be loading_screen_1.tga
    Numbers have to be consecutive, if there is a gap then only screens up to that gap will be used.

Can family (i.e. wives and children) have more than one portrait so as to add variety?

Blog Entries

Princesses can be allocated custom portraits, but generic family members (wife, child) cannot.