Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to: Mod Stainless Steel!

The default is two turns per year I think - if you want more turns check here.

Got it done...deleted SS script...then it seems to use default one. Thanks for help anyway.

I've been playing Stainless Steel for a while and since I focus a lot on my family tree and other RP in the game, I've come to realize that the age of my generals is way too high, both for the RP and realistically. Generals average age is at 80 and some of them become just over 90!

Is it possible to somehow change the age so that generals get a s old as they normally did in vanilla? And also, how to change the age of which princes and princesses come of age?

Thanks!

********************EDIT************

I've now managed to fix the age of princes and princesses and the maximum age slightly by editing it in the descr_campaign_db.xml, BUT(!) It seems that I can only get to drop the maximum age from 90 to 67.. Why is that?
    I've tried to change different ages up and down to check if something else might be in the way for the age drop, but I donīt seem to get it any lower.. Is it even possible to set the maximum age down to like 45?
    Last edited by Robban7; February 23, 2015 at 08:21 AM.

Blog Entries

I can't confirm all, but a few entries have hard coded limits, it could be the case here as well. Changing the 'age before death' (or something like that) might help a bit here.

Hello people! been searching for a while and still couldnt find anything related. How do i make units move around during the fight like in vanilla ? to be more clear, when 2 units engage in SS they are always like in a defend mode, they dont move back or around at all, in vanilla once 2 units finished charging they started to expand and the unit kept growing larger, in SS the soldiers keep staying packed i cant see the fighting and units blob when they clash.

^ pls halp

Blog Entries

Possibly has to do with with the stat_mental entry of the units in the EDU - if it is disciplined then they will stay tight. Change the entry to normal to get the expanding again.

Or the animation in descr_skeleton was changed from "shuffle_backward" to "idle". Look into that too.

thx a lot guys, atleast now i know where to look

changing stat_mental to normal didnt seem to have any effect

not really sure what i am supposed to change in descr_skeleton, the unit i tried to change was Scoutatoi Swordsmen so i went in battle_models and looked at the animation part

4 None
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

i went in descr_skeleton and on "MTW2_Sword_Primary" and "fs_test_shield" i changed from "stand_a_idle" to "shuffle_backward" did a few tests in custom battles still nothing

Blog Entries

'Normal' will still expand, try 'disciplined'.
    Changes in descr_skeleton require generating of new IDX and DAT files. Have a look into tutorials that are about generating animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    'Normal' will still expand, try 'disciplined'.
    Changes in descr_skeleton require generating of new IDX and DAT files. Have a look into tutorials that are about generating animations.
    Actually i want them to expand, after changing to normal they dont seem to, atleast not as in vanilla.

Based on what i read long ago i thought simply deleting them will generate new ones xD, got CTD, will look further into that

Hello,

I am experiencing an insane heretic conversion during my campaign, all of my priests and even bishops turn heretic sooner or later, there is very little chance to denounce or assassinate them. I just completely stopped train priests now because having them causes more harm than good. Is it possible to do something with it? Maybe in descr_campaign_db.xml but I am not sure what stands for what there. Any advise please?

Blog Entries

Should be this line in descr_campaign_db.xml: convert_to_heretic_base_modifier
    The closer to zero the fewer the conversion to heretic

How do I mod SS so as to permit the building of Hospitaller or Chapter Houses in regions that don't seem to permit it? Read every thread I could find on modding SS, but couldn't find an answer other than it may have something to do with hidden resources.

I'm playing as the Crusader States, and it just seems really odd that I can't build Chapter Houses in formerly Muslim regions in North Africa to which I've spread. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HasdrubalsHead View Post
    How do I mod SS so as to permit the building of Hospitaller or Chapter Houses in regions that don't seem to permit it? Read every thread I could find on modding SS, but couldn't find an answer other than it may have something to do with hidden resources.

I'm playing as the Crusader States, and it just seems really odd that I can't build Chapter Houses in formerly Muslim regions in North Africa to which I've spread. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Ok, nvm. Figured it out. Have to go into descr_regions.txt in side data/world/maps/base, and then add the same hidden resource entry for chapterhouses that appears in Jerusalem to any other region.

But, uh, you guys already knew that, so I'll just slink away quietly....

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Hi! I'm completely new to this; the only thing I've done that's similar is fix a common glitch in TATW and that was with very clear instructions. So, talk to me like I'm twelve. Like, a dumb twelve year old at that.

What I'm trying to do is perfectly straightforward in theory: I'm looking to change the name of a faction. Specifically in the late campaign if that makes a difference. How do I go about doing this?

D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\BellumCrucis6\data\text -> expanded.txt

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\BellumCrucis6\data\text -> expanded.txt
    You beauty. I've actually found I don't want to change it after all; what I thought was an inaccuracy turns out to have been correct all along in the late campaign (Kingdom of France came about in 1190) but I might do something similar to the Byzantines.

Am I right in thinking I don't touch anything in brackets? And where it says 'Byzantine' for Greeks, if I changed it to 'Roman' would it come out as 'Roman Empire'? Because I seem to remember in-game they're called the Byzantine Empire, but in that file I'm only seeing Byzantine.

Many thanks!

"Am I right in thinking I don't touch anything in brackets?"

Yes.

"if I changed it to 'Roman' would it come out as 'Roman Empire'?"

I don't think so.