Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apologies to TWC Members

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Apologies to TWC Members

Members of TWC.

As you may have seen or heard, there has been a lot of upheval and dramatics going on recently involving staff. At one point it looked like a group of respected staff members were going to leave the site, but things have been resolved for the best.

Archer, and all of staff, in particular those who's petition started these events, would like to apologise for any upset and confusion caused during this period.

TWc is now back to normal(or as normal as it ever gets), and is running smoothly once more.

------------------------

Apology from the Petitioners:

We, the “conspirators” and the belowsigned, apologise for the results of our misguided and ill-thought out actions recently with regard to Archer and what happened; we apologise for any distress such actions may have caused be it indirectly or directly; we apologise for the disruption they caused; and we apologise for any other negative circumstances wholly and sincerely.

Signed:
    The "Conspirators"
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default Re: Apologies to TWC Members

thank you lusted. But you need not have done this, i respect u more for puting pride aside though.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

I wrote the second one, I want to take credit for that.... and restate the apology it contains.

Korinthos Hoplites's Avatar Centenarius

Glad to hear!

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Are you all convincing Maximus to return?

lusted your the man so it doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by the Grim Squeaker
    I wrote the second one, I want to take credit for that.... and restate the apology it contains.
    You guys are doing the right thing

EDIT: The shock is directed to tGS(he will know why) not that they are making a public apology(well I'm a little shocked about that but in a good way )
    Last edited by The Walrus; October 14, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

I'm glad this is all over...

And I agree, You guys are doing the right thing.

I am glad that Staff could reconcile. Losing all those experienced and dedicated staff members would be a blow TWC's upper echelons could never recover from, mainly the loss of such intelligent posters.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

I would also like to apologise, you know what happens when the red mist decends...

One winner will come out of this and that is TWC, I've never seen staff so active trying to sort things out...

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Get Maximus back and I believe all shall be forgotten...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

If it was signed by every single conspirator, it would be alot better.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ummon
    If it was signed by every single conspirator, it would be alot better.
    No conspirator would sign this. However all "conspirators" did. You can also visit Archer's thread to verify this...

"Garb."

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    Losing all those experienced and dedicated staff members would be a blow TWC's upper echelons could never recover from, mainly the loss of such intelligent posters.
    That is most certainly how I felt in the midst of the crisis. How bizarre it is though, former members of the rebel faction, that we have to take your word for it you have something to apologize for! I suppose we'll have to......staff non disclosure.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

glad to see evrything turning to normal again
    but only one question
    what about recent tribs apopointments,
    are they permanant?
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    No conspirator would sign this. However all "conspirators" did. You can also visit Archer's thread to verify this...

"Garb."
    Quite the opposite: a conspirator who assumes his conspiracy was wrong (wholly or in part) can only make amends by excusing publicly. Otherwise he remains a conspirator.

To be overly strict, without in any sense implying necessity in anyone's conforming to my opinion, I remember someone, yesterday, starting an invective against "sycophantic" and "hypocritical" behaviours. A sycophant was, correct me if I am wrong, someone who testified for a pay, and a "hypocrite" is someone who says something which he doesn't really mean.

I think that openly signing one's name to a statement doesn't belong to any of the behaviours described above, to remain on the positive side. I admire Lusted for his courage in doing so, and JP as well.
    Last edited by Ummon; October 15, 2006 at 05:10 AM.

Patrician

Ummon, why sign ourselves up to it? All our names are known anyway, I suspect; thus, it is pointless to further the witch-hunt.

It's the difference between passively doing something and doing it actively, I suspect.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quite the opposite: a conspirator who assumes his conspiracy was wrong (wholly or in part) can only make amends by excusing publicly. Otherwise he remains a conspirator.

To be overly strict, without in any sense implying necessity in anyone's conforming to my opinion, I remember someone, yesterday, starting an invective against "sycophantic" and "hypocritical" behaviours. A sycophant was, correct me if I am wrong, someone who testified for a pay, and a "hypocrite" is someone who says something which he doesn't really mean.

I think that openly signing one's name to a statement doesn't belong to any of the behaviours described above, to remain on the positive side. I admire Lusted for his courage in doing so, and JP as well.
    My point was the "." around the word.

The thread of Archer is public. However to placate your sense of justice:

I hereby undersign the first post

Patrician

It's the difference between passively doing something and doing it actively, I suspect.
    I wrote the apology of the "conspirators", does that do you for active? I also signed it but no other did...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast