Thread: Auxiliari Camp

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Default Auxiliari Camp

Playing Rome i just built an auxiliary camp in italy. Wow !... there is such a diversity of units that i forgot an instant that you can recruit legionaries only in Italy in Magnar Mod (i really like this limitation also for the tactical side of this mod). I forgot also that there is somewhere a [SUB MOD] Magnar Mod Bullgod Unit Icon Patch i didn't try yet.
    I searched in the forum and didn't find an answer :
    - Is there an unit cap for auxiliaries also ?
    - Does Auxiliary camps build outside Italy unlock native units ?
    - What about others overhauled factions ? Are they able to recruit their native units only in their startpos area ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Auxiliari Camp

there is not unit cap for auxilia
    yes auxilia outside italy unlock some native units(as per vanilla atm) and regional auxilia
    Other overhauled factions have their own specific AOR as well. we will be making it more customised with the next update.

I find little point in building anything other than auxiliary camp, even in Italy. Maybe adding bonuses to recruitment slots and stats and better more garrison units from the heavy barracks to encourage building them. All post MR roman units would need a rome resource version to be recruited from main buildings and a none resource counterpart recruited from military barracks, to ensure you can only recruit them with barracks outside of Rome
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    I find little point in building anything other than auxiliary camp, even in Italy. Maybe adding bonuses to recruitment slots and stats and better more garrison units from the heavy barracks to encourage building them. All post MR roman units would need a rome resource version to be recruited from main buildings and a none resource counterpart recruited from military barracks, to ensure you can only recruit them with barracks outside of Rome
    yup good ideas, we have created a new recruitment overhaul which will do exactly that, how it interacts with our WIP building overhaul is yet unknown though.

Just had a thought but Rome didn't start recruiting auxiliaries until the Principate period 30BC (according to wiki). So the name Auxilliari camp probably isn't a fitting name. Allied camp might be a more fitting name for the level 2 building, with mercenary camp for level 3 and Auxiliary camp for level 4
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Just had a thought but Rome didn't start recruiting auxiliaries until the Principate period 30BC (according to wiki). So the name Auxilliari camp probably isn't a fitting name. Allied camp might be a more fitting name for the level 2 building, with mercenary camp for level 3 and Auxiliary camp for level 4
    Thats a good idea, but they will be removed with the building overhaul so I probably wont be doing that as it wouldnot be in the final version and would not be included with UPC project either