The Dorsum Commissariat and House of Gaunt

House information Home System: Dorsum
    Home Planet: Kong
    Head of House: Lord-Commissar Ibram Gaunt
    Heir: Imperial Representative Isaac Gaunt
    Faction: Slaver Lord

Planetary Information
    Planetary Information
    Regina This hulk of a world is the remnant of a one more verdant land, but now only plays host to the mines of the system. On the planet's surface live millions of Reptilian slaves, toiling away in the pits for precious metals to sell to fund the system's recent expenditures. Governed by junior Commissars and small pockets of troops, the Reptiles are kept under the thumb of the House Gaunt effectively, for now. In the dried up seas of a world formerly made up of island chains, living in controlled camps rather than their natural hives, the reptiles are on an edge that the system governors wish to keep.
    Minimus Orbiting Regina is a large moon, pocketed with asteroid craters, the dry and dusty place is the home of the Protection Force and pockets of the Dorsum Navy. Always poised to land on Regina should there be disorder, there is tension on this lone moon. It is also here that the Orbital Sensor Array is based, protecting the entire System from any unauthorised movement that should be made.
    Kong The Capital planet, named after the long destroyed Human settlement of Hong Kong, the planet plays host to the real money of the System. Here are the refineries of the Precious Metals, as well as the trade hubs ready to send off their cargo into the greater Empire. Here too is the base of the Gaunt family, and the local legislatures and courts. A colder world, many of the settlements are built into rock, but the capital still protrudes on the ground. Outside of the capital is the base of the Expeditionary Force, and in the orbital ports are the rest of the Fleets.
    Rex While the name implies a twinning with Regina, Rex is a much smaller planet right on the edges of the system. The small population that does live there in the freezing cold and snow live within artificial modules. What is done there is unclear, and is secret up to the very top levels of state. It is here that Ibram Gaunt's older brother Sub-Commissar Ricardus Gaunt lives.

House Information
    [FIELDSET2=House Characters]
    Ibram Gaunt (Head of House) Name (with title): Lord-Commissar Gaunt, Arch-Controller of Dorsum
    Titles/Rank: Lord-Commissar, Arch-Controller of Dorsum, Head of House Gaunt
    Possessions: None
    Traits (8 points): +4 Charisma, +3 Administrator (+7.5% Income), +1 Spymaster
    Marital Status: Married, Lady Sadia Gaunt
    Relations: Imperial Representative Isaac Gaunt (Son), Sub-Commissar Ricardus Gaunt (brother)
    Isaac Gaunt (House Heir) Name (with title): Imperial Representative Isaac Gaunt
    Titles/Rank: Imperial Representative to the Imperial Assembly, Future Lord-Commissar of Dorsum
    Traits (4 points): +4 Charisma
    Marital Status: Single
    Ricardus Gaunt Name (with title): Sub-Commissar Ricardus Gaunt
    Titles/Rank: Governor of Rex, Captain-General of the Ghosts Pirate Company
    Traits (4 points): +4 Veteran Jump Navigator, +4 Guerilla Warfare, +2 Counterspy
    Marital Status: Unmarried, but has a male lover on Kong, unknown by his family.
    Children: None

Economic and Military Information
    System Information Income: 96,750 Crowns
    Naval Levy: 1,000
    Army Levy: 1,000
    Production: Precious Metals

Buildings:
    2 Orbital Defence Platforms
    (Ready 30.04.14)
    Military Sensor Array
    (Ready 30.04.14)
    Trade Hub (Ready 30.04.14)

Bonuses: Homeworlds - +10 Slave Legions

Military Forces
    Naval Forces
    Battleships (200 Points) ICS Imperial Will
    ICS Redoubtable

Heavy Cruisers (300 Points) ICS Renown
    ICS Order
    ICS Kong
    ICS Sadia
    ICS Maximilian
    ICS Indefatigable

Other Ships (450 Points) 16 Light Cruiser Squadrons
    11 Destroyer Squadrons
    7 Transport Squadrons

Land Forces
    Protection Force 7 Infantry Legions
    3 Armored Legions
    8 Slave Legions

Expeditionary Force 4 Infantry Legions
    4 Armored Legions
    2 Slave Legions

Last edited by M D; May 04, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Dorsum System, House of Gaunt

Stefan Nazarian arrives on the surface of Kong. His Lady mother was far too busy to attend herself, and in any case rarely left her home system.

Nazarian is met at the Shuttle port by a Commissar-Depute, he conducted him through the crowds of the Capital to the headquarters of the Commissariat, an imposing stone building featuring reliefs of the fight against the Reptilian threat. Inside he is shown to the office of the Lord-Commissar who had just returned from his time on Dalbot with Lord Archer. Now sitting behind his desk, he looked up as Stefan was ushered into the office. Gaunt stood, placing his palms on the desk in front of him.

"Welcome. I was sorry to hear your mother could not make it, for the news I have is immensely troubling."

"Indeed, My Lord Commissar?" Stefan asks in a flat voice. "I assure you, I hold my Lady mother's full confidence and I will, of course, relay any concerns you have in their entirety." He smiles, though it does not touch his eyes. "Now, how may House Nazarian help you, My Lord?"

Gaunt pressed an icon on the desk, it projected a holoimage of the Planet Regina,

"We have discovered a slave revolt in a mining camp in the Southern Hemisphere. Just here."

A glowing pulse appeared on a corner of the globe,

"We have had no problems in this area before, and we are very unsure what caused this. I would suggest you make preparations, or at least be aware that this could happen elsewhere or in the worst case scenario spread."

Removing the globe with another press, Gaunt spoke again,

"It might be in our House's best interests, given the uncertain nature of the future of the Imperial throne, and the more localised chaos, that we form a partnership of some kind. For the first time in generations, I have placed large amounts of money into planetary defence and a size increase in the Navy. Perhaps we could be very beneficial allies. Especially with the worrying rise of the Zealots and the impudence of certain merchants."

"I see. The fact this uprising is in an area from which you have never before had trouble certainly suggest some kind of...outside influence. Certainly, the uncertainty around the throne does not aid us, and I thank you for the warning." Stefan pauses mometarily. "A partnership with our brothers of Gaunt would be welcome. As it is, we are building our intelligence capability. As I am sure you know there is little in the way of illicit activity that does not eventually make its way through our space, particularly with regards the Zealots. When I return I shall have some of our agents look into this uprising of yours. Call it a gesture of friendship."

"Your gesture is most welcome, Stefan. Should you ever require our assistance, simply say the word and we will be at your side."

Gaunt looked to the newly installed portrait of the Emperor, the fact it was not even nailed to the wall but simply leaning on a mantelpiece told his guest all he needed to know.

"Perhaps, when the time comes to raise a new Emperor we can be of further assistance to one another, My Lord Commissar? There have been many rumblings throughout our space that the Old Lords have held onto power for too long, and too greedily. And surely it is no secret that the Marcher systems are incandescent at what they perceive to be the injustice of not even possessing a seat. They might make a powerful ally in any such venture." Stefan gives another cold smile. "If one were inclined to embark on such a course, naturally."

"We would of course have to examine each situation independently."

Gaunt did not smile, but he slowly nodded his head at his opposite Slaver ruler.

"The new rise of the Zealots is something I fear beyond much else, and they must be controlled."

"I wholeheartedly agree. My own system lies isolated and directly in their path should they choose to militarise once more. It may be that I will place some eyes and ears in Zealot space. After all, who would stand to gain the most from a mass revolt of the Reptilians?"