Thread: Installer wont open?

RDBurn's Avatar Foederatus

Default Installer wont open?

I saved the Darth mod installer to my downloads from ModDB, and when I try to open and install a message comes up saying a program can't be found to open this file. I tried opening it with WinRAR and it didn't work. Now WinRAR somehow ended up as the default program to open the file.

This has been happening for every download installer I get: LOTR TW, Darth mod, and even Brytenwalda for M&B. It's getting pretty frustrating.

Can anyone tell me how to open the Darth mod installer, or how to fix windows not recognizing the ModDB downloads?

Default Re: Installer wont open?

I had the same problem, and after a bit of searching, I decided searching was useless and figured it out on my own.
    Firstly, set it so that you can see the file extensions of things. I can't remember how to do this, look it up on google if you do not know how.
    The installer I downloaded was called something like "DarthMod_Rome_v9.0.1_Installer[1]".
    The file extension is stopping the program from working. Rename the file to "DarthMod_Rome_v9.0.1_Installer.exe" and then it should work.